MANAGER, DUKE TEMPORARY SERVICES
Manager, Duke Temporary Service
Manage and coordinate day-to-day activities related to the provision of temporary staffing to Duke University and Duke University Health System.
Manage and monitor vendor contractual agreements and activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate day-to-day activities related to the provision of temporary staffing to Duke University and Duke University Health System.
- Manage and monitor vendor contractual agreements and activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Supervise activities of Duke Temporary Services (DTS) staff; approve hiring, payroll and termination transactions initiated by DTS staff; distribute and coordinate work assignments; provide training, development, coaching and counseling while building a team environment.
- Monitor service levels provided by DTS staff and vendor representatives; communicate with DTS staff, vendor representatives and customers in a timely, effective manner to address and resolve service questions/concerns.
- Provide information, training and support to HR managers, business managers and hiring officials to facilitate optimal staffing outcomes.
- Assist in daily staffing functions; utilize applicant tracking system to complete hires; serve as back-up to DTS recruiters when needed.
- Partner with Central Recruitment leadership and recruiters when a temporary employee is requested for a full time opening.
- Monitor and verify expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Recommend various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work generally requires skills, knowledge and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
Work generally requires five years of recruitment or temporary staffing experience working closely with hiring managers and/or vendors and at least 2 years in a recruitment management role.
Temporary Staffing experience highly preferred.
Vendor Management experience highly preferred.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated core knowledge of and ability to collaborate with all areas within HR such as talent acquisition, talent management, compensation, benefits, is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive, collaborative business relationships across cultures and organization levels including top- level executives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Fiscal Administration
- Excellent skills in influence, negotiation, collaboration, and handling difficult conversations required.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills, at ease with abundance of details and complexity, yet mindful of big picture, ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently.
- Strong computer and analytical skillsywords: Recruitment Manager; Temporary Staffing; Talent Acquisition Manager; Vendor Management; 3rd Party Recruitment: Recruiter
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.