Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
APPLICATION ANALYST (MAESTRO CARE Beacon)
Department Name EPIC INPATIENT
3839 DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST
A successful candidate is a clinical pharmacist or a registered nurse with clinical experience in oncology. The candidate will actively contribute to the design, development, testing, implementation, analysis, and maintenance of the Maestro Care Oncology System (Beacon). They will leverage their clinical expertise to build and/or optimize the oncology protocols and aid in delivery of quality patient care across Duke Medicine through system configuration and innovation. This person must work effectively in a team environment, have relevant clinical experience, and be able to serve as a liaison between informatics, clinical services and departments.
The Application analyst works closely with Epic and other identified Maestro Care applications staff to create and carry out deployment tasks, clinical workflow interpretation, and participates in Maestro Care Beacon application build, testing and support.
In addition, the analyst:
- Acts as Maestro Care Beacon application expert for base functionality. Update test plans to account for testing of new features with all releases.
- Participates in the design and specification of bug-fixes to ensure they meet the needs of the Duke environment, as well as participate in design sessions and review of specifications for new features and enhancements in Maestro Care Beacon.
- Works with the Maestro Care Provisioning-EMP-DHTS team to manage all user access to Maestro Care Beacon.
If not currently certified in Beacon Oncology, the employee hired for this position will be required to obtain Epic certification through a formal Epic training program requiring attendance at the training facilities in Verona, Wisconsin. Training may include classroom instruction, project assignments, competency exams, and e-learning classes. Failure to obtain Epic certification within the defined timeline for this position may result in termination. Obtaining Beacon proficiency may be an option if the candidate currently holds another Epic certification.
Maestro Care IT Manager – Willow, Beacon, and Pharmacy Application Support
- Obtain additional Epic certification and proficiency as defined by management through a combination of classroom instruction at Epic (Madison, Wisconsin), self-directed learning, multiple project assignments and competency exams.
- Interprets and analyzes systems, data, and information with supervision. Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data in their business unit.Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software.Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision.Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions.Assists in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management.Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects with direction.Identifies internal resources to build project team performance.Updates system, operational and department documentation. Recommends areas for process improvement.Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes defined within Maestro Care
In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
- Perform in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisionsProactively complete assigned Maestro Care application deployment(s), management and testing tasks within defined timelineManage the documentation, resolution and completion of identified deployment issues and tasksBuild, test, and debug Epic application(s) to ensure the system meets end user requirements Responsible for writing and executing test plans, documenting and resolving defects within Quality CenterDevelop and document system and user proceduresDevelop report specifications and work closely with report writers to ensure all operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with Meaningful Use requirementsProvide both business and after hours support for issues around system production support including the analysis, prioritization and implementation of requested changes, analysis of new functionality, coordination of software release updates, system testing and interface enhancementsRequires current Epic Beacon certification or the ability to complete certifications within the defined timeline.Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments.Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with direction.Identifies areas for procedural improvements. Provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated.
In addition to the duties described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will:
- May function as a technical leader in managing the documentation, assisting with prioritization, and working with analyst to resolve identified deployment issues through the use of Epic’s Sherlock tracking systemsOptimizes departmental and interdisciplinary resources to maximize teamHas a leadership role in the evaluation and revision of existing information systemsAssist in the on-boarding of new team members, ensuring they are trained on all technical aspects of their positionProactively apprise management of emerging technical issues that may require attention. Ensuring processes and workflows are up-to-date and effective, recommending changes as necessary
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. (Pharmacist: B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. are both acceptable)
LEVEL 1: If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
LEVEL 2: Epic certification or proficiency in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred.
LEVEL 3: Multiple Epic certification or proficiencies in an area of application support of a technical or support nature required.
Level 1 - One year of related experience is required.
Level 2 - Three years of related experience is required.
Level 3 - Five years of related experience is required.
SkillsLEVEL 1: Customer service Critical thinking Statistical reporting Data coding - general Data analysis and trending Effective oral and written communication Application configurationUser technical support/training Ability to translate business process into a technical solution LEVEL 2: In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will demonstrate: Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables Design specifications for information systems Implementation of information systems Maintenance of information systems Quality assurance (may be required) Adult learning and training methods (may be required) LEVEL 3: In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will demonstrate: Ability to lead discovery sessions Advanced technical consultation and support Ability to design complex information systems Financial procedures
Implementation of complex information systems
Required Minimum Qualifications at this Level
Refer to Job Description
Job Code: 00002423 ANALYST, IT
Job Level: C
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collectivesuccess depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke Universityand Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.