Student Engagement Coordinator
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a vibrant community of scholars and teachers committed to having a diverse faculty and student body. The Schools curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff.
This position will work remote until deemed safe to return to campus.
Under the direction of the Assistant Dean of Students, the Student Engagement Coordinator will serve as the department's primary support person to the GSSW student community, focused on the Denver Campus MSW program, but also serving distance programs in the Four Corners (Durango), and Western Colorado (Glenwood Springs), and online [email protected] students across the nation, as appropriate. The Student Engagement Coordinator has direct responsibility for: organizing student engagement opportunities and co/extra-curricular programming for GSSW students; overseeing important student-facing events such as new student orientation; serving as the primary adviser and liaison to GSSWs student led organizations; managing student-facing communications; supervising student employees; and other projects and events as assigned.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean of Students and other GSSW stakeholders on strategies for community building between students enrolled in the Denver Campus, Four Corners, [email protected], and Western Colorado programs, as well as strategies to increase GSSW student engagement in broader DU initiatives and events.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of student-facing events at GSSW, including but not limited to: orientations, student organization events, commencement celebrations, and community service days.
- Administration and general oversight of the GSSW Student Resource Portal, to support various users and their related content.
- Work with GSSW Marketing and Communication to update the student service pages of the GSSW website as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience coordinating and leading events of various sizes and in multiple modalities (e.g. virtual webinars, in-person gatherings, etc.)
- Experience using/ability to quickly learn accessibility and universal design.
- Knowledge of NASW Code of Ethics and application to social work education.
- Experience using/ability to quickly learn FERPA, HIPPA and other confidentiality laws.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or two to three years of experience in a related student support role.
- Three to four years of experience working in Higher Education/Student Affairs in a direct student support role.
- Experience with online learning.
- Experience supporting student leadership development.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, January 27th, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The salary range for this position is $42,000 - $50,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.