Certified Medical Asst (Family Medicine of Washington Twp)
Job no: 494921
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Washington Township, New Jersey
SUMMARY: Performs medical, clerical, and reception duties for the Department of Family Medicine. Provides medical assistance to physicians in the examination and treatment of patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Checks patients in through IDX system; verifies demographics and insurance information and makes any corrections or additions; copies patient’s insurance card; collects appropriate copays; retrieves referrals for appropriate visits.Schedules patient appointments for office visits through IDX system.Verifies patient insurance benefits and precertification (if needed) for services to be provided.Prepares patients for visits, including taking history, chief complaint, weight, blood pressure, and pulse. Documents in EMR system.Assists physician with patient care.Draws up medications for injections given by physician.Handles patient calls and relays to physician through the EMR system.Processes new patient charts in EMR system.Prepares patient charts for next day visits.Maintains medical waste logs and keeps abreast of current regulations.Prepares exam room for patient visits.Completes HMO referrals (paper and/or electronic).Scans into EMR all appropriate patient-related correspondence and information.Maintains stock of sample medications.Maintains office and medical supply inventory.Stocks exam rooms and keeps exam rooms neat and orderly.Orders injectables and vaccines.Maintains and cleans office medical equipment, as required.Maintains and refers to capitation lists for various insurers.Batches patient visits activity and prepares money for deposit.Handles incoming and outgoing mail.Performs light typing, as needed.Maintains a professional and orderly office appearance.Communicates with the Department’s various staff and offices.Opens and closes offices.Performs other duties as assigned.Understands and adheres to Rowan’s compliance standards as they appear in Rowan’s Corporate Compliance, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation of a post-secondary medical assisting education program accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Current certification from the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or the National Center for Competency Training (NCCT), or any recognized certifying body approved by the Board.
- Knowledge of computers is required.
- At least one (1) year of related experience in a medical office setting is preferred.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology experience required. A working knowledge of medical terminology in Obstetrics and Gynecology is preferred.
- Must be able to work any evening required.
- Must have experience in electronic medical records.
- The ability to work independently, excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and flexibility is required.
Note: Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Jan 12 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 25 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University