Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
at Pfeiffer University in North Carolina
Pfeiffer University, a comprehensive private liberal arts university in North Carolina, seeks an experienced academic leader to serve as Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. Reporting to the President, the Provost and VPAA provides leadership in shaping and executing the mission and vision of the academic division of the University.
See complete information in the Search Profile at https://myersmcrae.com/skins/userfiles/files/Pfieffer.pdf
Established in 1885, Pfeiffer University is a comprehensive private institution of higher education affiliated with The United Methodist Church. Scott Bullard, Ph.D. has served as president of Pfeiffer since 2019. In Fall 2020, the University enrolled 1,185 students, including 811 undergraduates and 374 graduate students.
The University meets its mission to prepare servant leaders for lifelong learning through its regional network of three campuses. The traditional undergraduate campus is located in Misenheimer, NC, 40 miles northeast of Charlotte. Approximately half of all Pfeiffer students are enrolled at this beautiful 340-acre campus.
Pfeiffer’s Charlotte campus was established in 1977 to serve working adults. Housed in a fully renovated facility, the campus features flexible class schedules and commuter-friendly resources and offers graduate programs including Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Practical Theology.
Pfeiffer University also has a state-of-the-art Center for Health Sciences in downtown Albemarle, NC. Just a 15-minute drive from the traditional, liberal arts-focused campus, the Center for Health Sciences is home to the University’s rapidly growing graduate programs in Physician Assistant and Occupational Therapy.
In addition to participating in on-campus courses, students also have the opportunity to study online. Pfeiffer’s online courses deliver the same academic rigor and build on the same community with faculty guiding students. Online classes enable students to complete a degree, pursue graduate education, or earn a professional certificate.
The University is known for its transformational undergraduate experience with a solid liberal arts foundation. Degree programs are offered across four academic divisions: Business, Education, Arts & Sciences, and Applied Health Sciences.
Pfeiffer offers more than 55 majors and minors and has a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Eighty percent of in-person classes have fewer than 20 students. The three most popular bachelor’s degree concentrations are General Business Administration & Management, Registered Nursing, and Health Care Administration & Management. To broaden the educational experience, the University offers study abroad opportunities, mission trips, living-learning communities, and internships and practicums.
The Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
A member of the President’s Cabinet, the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs oversees the work of the Deans of both the Undergraduate and Graduate colleges and provides oversight and guidance for the academic division as Pfeiffer executes her mission on campuses in Misenheimer, Charlotte, and Albemarle (Center for Health Sciences). The Provost embodies servant-leadership and understands and expresses an appreciation for the University’s deep connection to The United Methodist Church.
The Provost focuses on creating and maintaining an environment that encourages and supports teaching and learning, student success, strong faculty morale, and the stewardship of resources through exacting fiscal management. This senior administrator maintains strong relationships with accrediting bodies and other external entities.
The Provost actively participates in the recruitment, retention, and (when appropriate) promotion of faculty members in accordance with the University’s Faculty Handbook. The Provost actively contributes to Pfeiffer’s strategic planning efforts, and assists the President, the deans, the faculty, and the Vice President for Enrollment Management in executing the University’s plan to build and cultivate robust student populations in Misenheimer, Charlotte, and Albemarle.
- Provides leadership in shaping and achieving the academic vision of both its undergraduate and graduate schools.
- Provides leadership in all administrative and fiscal areas of academic affairs.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of and enthusiasm for the highest standards in academic programs.
- Demonstrates experience and expertise in strategic planning, budgeting, and management.
- Demonstrates ability to administer creatively, flexibly, and fairly with people and issues.
- An earned doctoral or terminal degree from a regionally accredited university
- Strong record of academic accomplishments, including effective teaching, scholarly activity,
- A minimum of 10 years of successful experience within positions of increasing responsibility in all aspects of academic administration, budgeting, and resource allocations
- A minimum of three years of distinguished leadership at a dean or equivalent level
- A history of working collaboratively in a team environment with diverse constituencies
- Ability to address the personnel, management, and financial complexity of a private university, specifically in finding and securing funding to grow programs
- A record of successful budget management
APPLICATION & NOMINATION PROCESS
Confidential inquiries are welcomed, and nominations are invited.
- Application packet must include: a) A letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, b) Current curriculum vitae, and c) At least five references with full contact information including e-mails (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.).
- Submit application packet (preferably as PDFs) to [email protected] by February 8, 2021, for best consideration. Review of applications begins immediately. The position is open until filled.
Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
Submit nominations to [email protected] with complete contact and e-mail information for the individual being nominated.
Kenny Daugherty, President of Myers McRae Executive Search and Consulting, is conducting this search.
Pfeiffer University is committed to upholding the principles outlined in Title IX, which states “No person in the United States shall, by sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.” Pfeiffer University employs individuals and admits students of any race, color, or national origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the student at the university. It does not discriminate by race, color or national origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other university-administered programs. Pfeiffer University does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants who are handicapped. Pfeiffer University does not discriminate against students or applicants by age.
www.myersmcrae.com | 478-330-6222
Apply for Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly