Associate Director of Graduate Financial Services - Olin Business School
The Associate Dean of Financial Services provides overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of the financial aid programs including, but not limited to, financial aid processing and disbursement, financial counseling, database management, reporting and auditing. As member of the Enrollment Management leadership team, the Associate Director develops policies, budgets, and strategies that support Olin’s mission and student enrollment goals. Direct supervision of the Financial Services team including the Assistant Director of Financial Services and Financial Services Coordinator.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Services Leadership and Administration:
- Provide leadership, management, and support for the Financial Services Office and develop a competent, productive and effective staff by hiring, developing and supervising, directly and through delegation, assigned personnel.
- Supervise, hire, train and evaluate staff, provide feedback on ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness correct any deficiencies and recommends and implements corrective action and discipline as necessary.
- Provide professional development and training to assigned staff on a regular and consistent basis.
- Help the team meet enrollment goals for the portfolio.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications in support of enhanced services offered through the Financial and Enrollment Services.
- Effectively utilize PowerFAIDS and Salesforce database by developing a working knowledge of the system, assessing the systems support needs of the Financial Services Office, and working cooperatively with other offices on campus to ensure that the integrity of the systems and data are maintained and that the systems are utilized productively in support of operations.
- Represent the Financial Services Office and the Enrollment Services unit through service on various committees.
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Create and promote a culture that values and prioritizes high quality service delivery for the students and their families.
- Provide direction and leadership for the day-to-day operations of the Financial Services Office with special emphasis on compliance, efficient use of technology, communications, student literacy, and financial aid planning.
- Plan, develop and administer the departmental budget.
- Project Management:
- Plan, manage, and monitor projects from concept through implementation for projects.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of all assigned projects and gains consensus from stakeholders to ensure successful implementation.
- Establish project management processes and methodologies to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet high quality standards and leadership expectations using the appropriate tools.
- Meet with internal customers of an assigned project to provide status updates and reports and gather project-related feedback.
- May be responsible for handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Track performance, service levels and other metrics required to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Processing and Administrative Compliance:
- Oversee the annual processing budget of 15-20 million in Financial Assistance for the all graduate programs at Olin and the Brookings Institute.
- Provide administrative oversight for all student-facing services related to student finance.
- Ensure the implementation of Policies and Procedures for all Olin Financial Services Functions in accordance with federal, state and institutional financial services guidelines.
- Oversee all Financial Services Policy changes that improve and maintain student retention and satisfaction.
- In collaboration with senior leadership, prepare and provide approval and signature authority for all Professional Judgement reviews, Federal & VA Academic plans, Student Payment plans, Refunds and Collections.
- Supervise all student based institutional loans, cost of attendance budgets and GI Bill processes.
- Evaluate effectiveness of financial services efforts through student satisfaction surveys.
- Strategic Initiatives, Planning & Reporting:
- Coordinate effectively with academic and administrative units across campus to achieve enrollment management goals.
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT, advisors and counselors to facilitate and improve delivery of financial services to students.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Associate Dean of Graduate Enrollment Management.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Financial Services Office and Enrollment Management by advising and assisting the Associate Dean of Enrollment Management in all aspects relating to financial aid compliance, reporting, and student service, and by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal title IV programs and Veterans Benefits.
- Five to seven years of professional experience in a Financial Aid Office setting.
- Master's or MBA degree.
- Previous work in a university/school settings.
- Knowledge of Washington University financial processes, SIS, STAR, PowerFAIDS, CRM systems.
- Seven to ten years of work experience in financial services.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Graduate Programs at the Olin Business School. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The hiring range for this position is $52,943 - $68,816 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Go to https://jobs.wustl.edu
- Click on "Search Jobs"
- "Advanced Search"
- Enter 49981 in the "JOB OPENING ID" field