Director, Operations & Project Management
Job no: 497210
Department: Communications, Marketing & Events
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni, Office, Clerical, Administrative Support, PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 12 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Director, Operations & Project ManagementSalary/Grade:
Hours Per Week:
The Director, Operations and Project management is the entry point for all marketing communications projects coming in to the MCT team from cross-divisional departments within University Advancement and other divisions across the university. This position serves as the primary liaison between those internal stakeholders who our department supports and the brand experience and digital engagement teams executing those projects. The director leads a project management team and reports to the assistant vice president, marketing communications and technology.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion1, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. We recognize that every Miamian has a unique story and unfortunately many are marked with challenges and pain based on one or more of their identities. We thus acknowledge the painful and difficult experiences at Miami past and present. We are committed to recognizing and celebrating all Miamians. We aspire to connect Miami with our diverse constituencies and create pathways for current and future Miamians of all backgrounds. We choose to honor Miami University’s holistic approach to and definition of diversity as our guide. This statement is only a part of Advancement’s efforts.
• Leads a project management team and efficiently manages the day-to-day workflow of a wide range of projects, including digital, print, multi-media, premium sourcing and event support.
• Oversees all operational aspects associated with project execution and production, including vendor and contractor relationships, bid requests, managing budgets and quality assurance of final project deliverables.
• Supervises a project manager and administrative assistant.
• In conjunction with the AVP and MCT team leads, establishes and oversees the department’s processes for project initiation and proactively communicates those processes to MCT team members and UA and MU stakeholders.
• Leads the on-going development and management of project timelines, calendars and workflow using project management tools and software; regularly assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of tools and process and recommends adjustments as needed.
• Serves as the main point of contact for tier one and tier two projects, consulting with the project owner to determine the project scope, strategic alignment with division priorities and assess resource availability.
• Escalates project issues or questions to the AVP and respective team leads within MCT as needed.
• Meets regularly with key stakeholder teams within UA – Alumni Relations, Development, Stewardship and Donor Relations to solidify relationships, and foster a deep understanding of the strategic priorities of those teams.
• Serves as a liaison with University Communications and Marketing.
Bachelor’s degree or seven years of experience leading creative services operations and/or project management function in a professional environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of creative and production processes for digital, print and multi-media projects.
• Experience and demonstrated ability in client/customer relations and strong interpersonal, collaborative, and organizational skills.
• Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities.
• Hands-on experience in working with project management software.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants: