Part time custodian position working 17.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Performs varied and routine tasks involved in cleaning and maintenance of buildings. Does related work as required.
There are two shifts available:
- Monday through Friday, 9:00am-12:30pm
- Monday through Friday 5:00pm- 8:30pm.
1. Performs regular custodial duties in assigned area(s) of building(s).
2. Accept instructions from head custodian/supervisor verbally or in writing.
3. Washes and cleans windows and floors. Strips, waxes and maintains tile floors.
4. Dusts desks, tables, chairs, and other furniture.
5. Vacuums and, when necessary, cleans carpets.
6. Empties trash.
7. Keeps restrooms and lavatories supplied with towels, tissue, and soap.
8. Provide services as necessary to support curricular and extracurricular events and activities.
9. Projects a positive image for the College with his/her team, whenever the public, guests or visitors are in the building
10. Reports needed repairs to his/her supervisor.
11. Moves furniture when necessary for cleaning purposes or rearrangement of rooms.
12. Supplements grounds staff as essential personnel with snow removal in general care and maintenance of outdoor areas as required.
13. Assists in basic maintenance repairs and tasks as needed.
14. Performs other related work as required.
• Formal secondary education (high school diploma or GED preferable)
• One (1) year of related work experience
• Must possess and maintain a valid license
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Physical activity of the position: StoopingKneelingCrouchingReachingStandingWakingPushingPullingLiftingTalkingHearingRepetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as picking, pinching, typingPhysical requirements of the position:Medium work- exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly Visual acuity requirements of the position:The worker is required to have close visual acuity Workplace conditions of the position:The worker is subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin. Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.