Office Coordinator I
Office Coordinator IPosition Number:
Center for International StudiesSalary:
Under minimum supervision, performs support for the Center for International Studies, including office management for 3 full-time staff, 1 part-time staff, 2 English Language Learning (ELL) faculty, and 2 student workers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to preparing correspondence; maintaining files; scheduling appointments; processing personnel and travel transactions. Communicating with international students either in person, by email, or by telephone to direct them with instructions and directing them to advisors accordingly.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Provides support to the students applying & utilizing the SAP online system. Assists with copies of important forms (health clearance, schedules of important dates, and other required forms.)
2. Issues purchase orders, travel authorization requests & makes travel arrangements as needed for staff & director. Creates work order requests with facilities management and IT Helpdesk.
3. Collects & processes security deposits for all the Study Abroad Programs, ELL applications fees, International applications fees, and passport fees.
4. Provides information and/or minor interpretations of procedures, policies, or practices related to the ELLI Program, Study Abroad, and International Student Program.
5. Performs a variety of Passport Office functions along with Passport Agent certification and participates in National Passport Day which benefits ASU and the San Angelo community.
6. Inputs using Banner software: Student visa, passport, and I-20 information. Downloads I-94 forms and updates the information in Banner for each international student.
7. Updates student office records indicating their insurance forms, copies of visa, passports, and student activity release forms and sends immunization and TSI forms to the Registrar’s office.
8. Plans and organizes work to ensure completion of tasks and functions in a timely manner.
9. Answers the telephone, addressing the caller in a professional, service-oriented manner, routes calls, and takes messages.
10. Communicates with faculty, staff, students, visitors, and others in the course of performing work or coordinating tasks, as appropriate.
11. Completes and maintains general office files in accordance with instructions or procedures.
12. Maintains a list of keys and rooms. Ensures adherence to records maintenance, confidentiality, and related practices and policies.
13. Tracks and monitors all critical forms required for Study Abroad Programs, updates student files.
14. Reserves rooms as requested for conference meetings, staff meetings, special events etc. through Special Events.
15. Operates a variety of office equipment, and arranges for maintenance as needed.
16. Prepares office and other supply requisitions; assists in maintaining department supply inventories.
17. Assists faculty and instructors in preparing travel authorization forms and submitting their travel expense forms.
18. Assists with international student excursions, with providing, guiding and leading students in communication, and driver’s license applications.
19. Provides service as a Notary for staff and students as needed.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skilled in interpersonal relations with high regards to excellent customer service.
• Knowledge of secretarial, clerical, and general office procedures and practices including managing files/records, various computer equipment and software (MS Word, Excel, Banner, etc.).
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Ability to organize and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner; ability to perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail; ability to operate a variety of office equipment; ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of persons.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to organize and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner despite interruptions.
• Ability to perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and computers.
• Ability to effectively manage computerized files and records.
• Skilled in oral and written communication.
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
• Three years of diverse secretarial or equivalent experience in an academic, administrative, or support office is preferred.
Bilingual applicants welcomed.Physical Requirements:
Requires long periods of sitting in an office environment and working with office equipment such as a computer.EEO Statement:
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
01/12/2021Desired Start Date:
02/01/2021Open Until Filled: