Dual Credit Instructor 2021 - 2022
Dual Credit Instructor 2021 - 2022Position Type:
No ResponseStatus of Position:
The Dual Credit instructor will teach the PSC-approved dual credit course(s) at the respective high school campus. The instructor will participate in an annual curriculum alignment process in collaboration with Prairie State College faculty and administrators. Ensure that the high school curriculum (syllabus, exams, textbooks, etc.) is aligned with the official PSC course objectives. Provide transcripts and resume that meet the minimum qualifications to teach (MQT) for each respective dual credit course. Submit official class rosters, midterm verification forms, and grade reports at the end of the designated semester.Reporting Relationship:
This position reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Work directly with Associate Dean of Academic Affairs to ensure that the course objectives are met.
2. Submit course curriculum to designated PSC faculty/administrators for annual review and approval.
3. Participate in annual meeting between PSC faculty/administrators and high school dual credit instructors/advisors to discuss curriculum revisions and approval.
4.Provide transcripts to verify that instructor meets PSC-approved qualifications to teach the respective college-level course.
5.Submit student registration forms for each dual credit course taught.
6.Complete and submit midterm verification forms at the designated midpoint of the semester.
7.Submit official grade reports at the end of the respective semester.
1. Vary by designated course program.
2. Qualifications require the same education/experience criteria as on-campus faculty.
3. Must be employed and licensed by the designated high school partner.
01/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through the Prairie State College website.