Grant AccountantPosition Type:
Support StaffStatus of Position:
Staff - Full TimeUnion:
Under general supervision, is responsible for post-award grant related accounting duties; maintenance of grants contract files ; keeping up-to-date invoicing to contractors/grantor agencies; serves as principal contact for grant and contract accounting functions; prepares grants-related financial reports and journal entries; reviews general ledger.Reporting and Supervisory Relationships:
Direct reporting relationship to the Controller or Assistant ControllerEssential Responsibilities:
1. Performs post-award grant accounting functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, monitors time and effort reporting and distribution, reconciliations, and re-budgeting.
2. Performs grant closeouts as required by sponsors, including final reconciliations, financial status reports, final invoices, purchase order liquidations, zeroing out budgets, and final reporting.
3. Assists Grants Office with preparing grant proposal budgets and budget narratives.
4. Evaluates expenses reflected on financial reports and other financial documents to ensure compliance with government and other donor terms and regulations.
5. Monitors compliance with internal grants processes, federal, state and specific grants funding agencies’ regulations.
6. Assists grants administrators with journal entries; preparation of income and expenses statements and other financial reports for internal use as well as outside/ grants funding agencies.
7. Prepares quarterly, semi-annual or annual financial reports as required by federal agencies.
8. Prepares SEFA/A-133 report for the external auditors and other PBC documents that are requested by auditors and communicated by supervisor.
9. Assists in financial aid distributions and disbursement reconciliation process.
10. Creates accurate reports on financial performance that meet internal and external quality standards. Satisfactory results on audits are required.
11. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the department, consistent with the essential role of this position.
12. Reviews general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy.
13. Assists, as needed, with monthly general ledger closing.
14. Prepares and enters journal entries; performs other data entry and inquiries on computer.
15. Maintains resources for compliance and grants internal processes training to be performed for grants administrators.Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Public Administration or a related field.
2. Demonstrated experience preferably in non-profit environment and grant accounting (budgeting, accounting, finance, or a related field).
3. Demonstrated experience with an integrated computer accounting system, proficiency with MS Excel or other spreadsheet software (an intermediate level).
4. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
5. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of management, grantors, and auditors.
6. Strong interpersonal skills.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Knowledge of the rules, regulations and standards associated with Federal funding and non-profit accounting (applicable OMB-Circulars, including A-133, 22CFR226/Federal Register).
2. Knowledge of indirect cost rate application and allocation methodologies.
3. Ability to perform basic financial analysis.
4. Understanding of the major types of financial statements issued by the organization.
5. Experience with contractual agreements: ability to understand terms, requirements and other grants-related issues in order to stay in compliance with the contractual agreement.
6. Ability to perform research and identify all applicable rules and regulations for different types of grants.Posting Date:
01/06/2021Open Until Filled: