Director, Enterprise Data Management and Analytics
DescriptionThe Director of the Enterprise Data Management and Analytics (EDMA) unit in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness assists the Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness (APIE) by leading and directing the operations of EDMA.
The position includes the following functions:
- Conducts and/or oversees the hiring, evaluation, salary recommendations, cross-training, workload assignments, and professional development opportunities of EDMA staff; manages the EDMA budget in consultation with the supervisor; oversees EDMA projects, in conjunction with the position's direct reports (BI/Training, Data Warehouse, Argos); engages in the annual administrative review of EDMA performance against metrics;
- Develops and oversees complex database systems (including oversight of data architecture, table design, query development, software upgrades); provides strategic direction, supervision, coordination, and planning of EDMA systems and automated data processing functions, from extraction through display and visualization; and monitors the performance of EDMA systems to ensure high quality;
- Serves as the custodian of the university's Enterprise Data Warehouse, and maintains appropriate access controls for Warehouse users in accordance with university data governance and cybersecurity policies and procedures;
- Oversees clients-service with automated self-service reports (e.g., Argos) and makes business intelligence displays available to the university community (e.g., IPORT, dashboards, various interactive data visualization platforms);
- Oversees EDMA training for the university community in the use of data reports and tools, and communicates changes in EDMA's organization and technology to university clients;
- Serves as a member of the Institutional Effectiveness leadership team to assure communication and coordination of the collection and sharing of institutional data and information across the department;
QualificationsBachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics and seven years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit01/29/21, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Provost & VP Academic Affairs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 01/12/21, 1:34:32 PM