Medical Assistant-OP-Clinic-Surgery (Req2536)
Medical Assistant-OP-Clinic-Surgery (Req2536)
TheCredentialed Medical Assistant provides individualized, direct patient care ofpatients under the supervision of a physician. The Medical Assistant assists in the implementation of the delivery ofhealth care services, assists fellow employees in providing the highest qualitypersonalized patient care, and maintains a positive work relationship with thehealth care team. Administer medicationsonly under the direction, supervision and control of the physician. Electronic Medical Record (EMR) order entryfor medication, laboratory or radiology may be completed when physiciandelegated.
The ages of patients served spans the spectrum of the lifecycle. Care will be directed at takingvital signs, assisting patients to room, and assisting the nurses, physicians,students and residents in the clinical area, recognizing that every age grouphas unique developmental characteristics influencing the approach that shouldbe utilized in caring for these patients.
- Medical Assisting Diploma, Degree, or Certificate is required.May consider other medical certificates in a related field if combined with a CMA/RMA certification.
- Current CMA/RMA certification or Ohio LPN license validated through primary source verification is required.
- American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR certification is required for MAs. Will accept American Red Cross “Adult & Pediatric CPR” at time of hire only. Certification must be active at time of hire and maintained throughout employment in position.
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS certification is required for LPNs.Will accept American Red Cross “CPR for Professional Rescuers” at time of hire only. Certification must be active at time of hire and maintained throughout employment in position.
- Previous Ambulatory Care medical assisting or nursing experience is preferred.
- Possesses knowledge and skills in techniques of good patient care and maintains competency through continuing education.
- Exhibits accuracy, integrity, and flexibility to work multiple outpatient areas.
- Motivated to plan and organize work, and to work without supervision.
- Is tactful and courteous in dealing with patients and visitors.Able to maintain an effective working relationships with personnel and the medical staff.
- Required to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Successfully completes clinic specific competencies.
- Adheres to UTMC Customer Service & iCare values.
- Previous Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Requires the ability to operate various types of office equipment, including but not limited to: Personal computer, fax machines, copiers, and telephones.
Communication and other skills:
- Able to document care legibly in hand written text.
- Able to navigate through the EMR and record required data accurately andefficiently.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with team members including but notlimited to physicians, nurses, managers, other MAs and other team members.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.To promote the highest levels of health andwell-being, the University of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. Tofurther this effort, effective July 1, 2019, the University of Toledo HealthScience Campus Medical Center requires all candidates for employment to benicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirements will includecotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other required healthscreenings. Any employment offer is conditional upon successful completion of acotinine test.