Coordinator, Student Financial Aid
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-12
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of Student Financial Aid is seeking a Coordinator, Student Financial Aid.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Administers the Federal Pell Grant program and coordinate Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) with the Federal government.
- Monitors Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used and makes adjustments in eligibility.
- Updates policy and procedures specific to Pell grant program for any changes to regulations.
- Monitors Pell grant disbursement activity.
- Processes awards, revisions, professional judgments and appeals for assigned student records according to alpha division.
- Oversees the Filing/Processing/Archiving of records.
- Periodically requests reconciliation records from COD for Pell Grant.
- Assists with Return of title IV issues related to Pell Grant and non reporting enrollment credits.
- Processes weekly reports related to Banner System Program.
- Coordinates the preparation of student files for auditing.
- Coordinates with auditors in obtaining students information as required.
- Oversees release of information in compliance with Privacy Act Regulations (FERPA).
- Processes subpoena requests, deceased notices and inactivates records.
- Collects and authenticates documents for all federal agencies and determines the students' eligibility for Title IV funds.
- Manages and trains student assistants assigned to the financial aid document processing area.
- Coordinates the organization of documents to be filed and is responsible for the secure storage of all documents for the legally required period.
- Manages financial aid archives; including the establishment, maintenance and monitoring quality control for documentation in student folders and is also responsible for the transfer of documents between Partner Campuses in a timely and secure manner.
- Other Duties as assigned by supervisor or Assistant Vice President of Student Financial Aid.
Customer service and financial aid experience preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$38,000 - $40,000College or Department:Student Financial AidLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours (including Saturday and Sunday) for professional development, front desk coverage and campus wide events.Application Deadline: 2021-01-26-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.