Coordinator, Computer Applications
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-12
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of Information Technology at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Computer Applications, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Serve as a staff member for User Services within Enterprise Systems.
- Receive incoming requests from the Associate Director of User Services and the Help Desk Manager. The nature and functionality of the projects vary by individual and change over time as necessary to accomplish the University's academic mission.
- Provide technical support to the FAU user community, including: account creation, password resets, wireless configuration of student, staff, and faculty laptops, pin-resets for Banner, Canvas and Blackboard, assigning users to network shares, configuring smartphones, developing and maintaining documentation, designing, testing, and installing operating systems and application software on desktop systems.
- Support server operating systems and hardware as needed.
- Research, test, and administration of server systems.
- Field test new procedures, and work with the Associate Director and Help Desk Manager of User Services to make certain all installation, debugging, and trouble-shooting procedures used by the User Services team are efficiently designed and capable of being executed by OIT or its representatives.
- Maintain/enhance technical expertise level by keeping current with industry standards and technical trends, and advance skill-set by taking personal initiative.
- Update Helpdesk tickets effectively and clearly.
- Provide training and mentoring to part-time employees or student interns as needed.
Solid technical writing skills are necessary, good written and verbal skills are a must, and superior customer service skills are essential.
The ability to troubleshoot software, network and hardware related issues is fundamental to critical job function.
Knowledge of mobile devices such as iPhone, Android and Windows phones is required.
Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems and Microsoft Office suite is required.
Experience with Active Directory, SCCM, Canvas, Exchange, Office365, Workday, and/or Banner preferred.
Valid driver's license required.Salary:$40,000 - $45,000College or Department:Office of Information TechnologyLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Scheduled days and hours vary, position works 40 hours per week with some nights and weekends included.Application Deadline: 2021-01-26-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.