IT Project Manager
Posting Date: January 12, 2021Posting End Date: March 12, 2021
Position: Project ManagerDepartment: Office of Information Technology
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal IT Project Manager, will be able to assist in the daily operations and project management execution for the Office of Information Technology (OIT) while maintaining alignment with the Office of the President. The successful candidate will strive to ensure consistency in communications, actions, and project execution. In addition, this position is also responsible for supporting the mission of Tuskegee University by technology services, solutions and consultation to Tuskegee faculty, staff, and students in a professional, collaborative, and exemplary way.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and promote a productive work relationship, ensuring that necessary skills and competencies are in place to meet the goals of the department.
- Leads in the definition and implementation of project management services to meet the needs of a diverse user community.
- Prioritizes decisions and actions across sub-teams to support OIT’s strategic directions and to ensure the execution of projects.
- Promotes knowledge of own area to gain support for ongoing and future initiatives.
- Available for on-call and/or emergency response and support as needed.
- Creates and promotes excellence in the quality and professionalism of work by developing relationships and collaborations across the organization.
- Collaborate with CIO to implement end-user security education programs around compliance and social engineering cyber attacks
- Lead implementations with vendors providing managed services.
- Ability to effectively convey strategic, procedural, and technical information, and translates that information into action plans.
- Writes and presents reports, proposals for internal and/or external audiences.
- Resolves conflicts and mediates stalemates, bringing groups toward productive conclusion. Identifies the resources critical to resolving challenges and reaching decisions.
- Initiate and write technical project proposals and reports
- Contributes to the OLT operational leadership team. Leads in establishing timelines and priorities.
- Sets priorities among competing short-and-long-term goals in alignment with OLT strategy and objectives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience including at least (3) years managing complex business activities in a technical environment is a must.
- Minimum 5-years of experience in Higher Education setting is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ITIL Foundations Certification desired
- Project Management Certification required
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected]Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.