UTS - Temporary Business Services Coordinator at UNC Chapel Hill
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
This position will provide oversight and support in the execution of the budget and expense to a specific portfolio consisting of Principal Investigators and/or Center/Institute Directors. This support will include post-award and financial management of all fund types. This position will provide support for finance and post-award activities by independently reviewing and approving transactions, reconciling and reporting on various fund types, providing personnel and non-personnel projections, and acting as a liaison with central offices and sponsors
This position will examine budgets and expenditures for compliance with applicable state, federal and agency laws. This position will provide consultation, technical assistance, and coordination of post-award and financial management processes that will utilize multiple funding sources. This position completes or evaluates methodologies used in the preparation of program spending forecasts and provides technical assistance to improve the accuracy of projections. The position will review program, policy, and rule changes to determine their fiscal and program impact and to assure compliance with state, federal and agency requirements. This position will identify risk and adverse issues generated in budget and program activities and present appropriate issues and suggest recommendations/solutions to management. Professional technical knowledge and analytical skills will assure that goals and outcomes are provided with effective support.
UTS - Temporary Business Services Coordinator at UNC Chapel HillWork Schedule:
30-40 hours per weekMinimum Experience/Education:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Department Required Skills:
1. Knowledge and experience working with post-award financial management from a variety of sponsors.
2. Extensive experience with calculating payroll and forecasting.
3. Thorough understanding of how to interpret regulations and guidelines from a wide variety of funding agencies and ability to use the funding mechanism required by those agencies.
4. Extensive experience with creating spreadsheets and developing formulas in Excel.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Proficient using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
7. Must be highly organized and be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
8. Must be able to function independently.
10. Multi-tasking while maintaining accuracy required
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:It is necessary for the candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Knowledge and experience working with pre- and post-award financial management from a variety of sponsors.
• Extensive experience with calculating payroll and forecasting.
• Thorough understanding of how to interpret regulations and guidelines from a wide variety of funding agencies and use the funding mechanism required by those agencies.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Extensive experience creating spreadsheets and developing formulas in Excel.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
• Ability to perform work with a high degree of autonomy, accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
1. One or more years of extensive experience with financial management of sponsored research (post-award), State, F&A, Trust and other fund types.
2. Experience with UNC-CH Systems: RAMSeS, Connect Carolina/PeopleSoft, Infoporte and Effort Certification.
3. Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, accounting, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions
4. Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wider range of people including University administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
5. Possess intermediate analytical thinking and decision making skills.
6. Communicate obstacles and solutions clearly and concisely.
7. Experience managing or providing work direction to clients/customers
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$15.00-$20.00/hourJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.