Director of Education and Campus Engagement
PG190747EPInternal Recruitment :
Director of Education and Campus EngagementAnticipated Hiring Range:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. (nature of responsibilities require working outside of normal business hours)Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity AdministrationAbout the Department:
The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED) is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and diverse intellectual and cultural campus experience related to the mission of North Carolina State University (NC State). OIED facilitates efforts to ensure equity and opportunity, increases awareness of diversity issues through education, and strengthens relationships across diverse groups. Through these efforts, OIED promotes cultural competence development, thereby fostering a welcoming and respectful campus. By providing guidance, programming, and outreach to constituent groups and the community, and by adhering to accountability and compliance standards, OIED prepares NC State students, faculty, and staff for local, state, national, and global collaboration.Essential Job Duties:
The Director of Education and Campus Engagement in the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity University Office reports to the Associate Vice Provost of Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Practice and has responsibilities for the design and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion educational offerings, programs, and experiential activities, and for the coordination and/or implementation of special projects and programs aimed at bolstering diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural awareness, and engaging diverse constituents through fostering partnerships and collaborations.
More specifically, the Director will:
- Be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing strategies that guide diversity, equity, and inclusion education and trainings for students, faculty, staff at the University. This includes the design, development, and implementation of a wide range of certificates, workshops and educational experiences (e.g., unconscious bias, exploring oppression, microaggressions and equity in higher education environments) to ensure that leaders, supervisors and employees of the University have the necessary skills and competencies to meet the University’s operational and business needs, and to support students and employee talent development.
- Evaluate programs to ensure their continued effectiveness. The incumbent works closely with other functional leaders and subject matter experts within the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity, as well as other University leaders to ensure that education and training strategies and curricula appropriately reflect the needs stated in the University strategic plan, campus climate data and other initiatives such as the Racial Equity Summit.
- In collaboration with the Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Practice team, assist in the facilitation of signature diversity and inclusion initiatives such as the Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Certificate Program, the Intercultural Development Inventory Initiative, the Faculty Cultural Competence Certificate, the Building Future Faculty Program and the Chancellor’s Creating Community Awards.
- Develop and maintain relationships and ongoing communication with workshop instructors, facilitators and participants. Cultivate new relationships based on unit and university priorities.
- Conduct program and educational experiences assessment through collecting and compiling feedback and synthesizing and reporting data for evidence-based practice.
- Use campus climate and national diversity, equity and inclusion data, trends and best practices to create new programs and initiatives and revise current offerings.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the point person for diversity, equity and inclusion education and consultation opportunities and be responsible for working collaboratively across campus in the research, design, coordination, management, and delivery of programs and events for the University such as diversity seminars, campus lectures, symposia, conferences, leadership institutes for faculty, staff and students, and other learning and educational experiences that feature internationally recognized diversity thought leaders, authors, and speakers.
- Utilize existing and emerging technologies (e.g., web-based) to expand diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural competence education opportunities.
- Provide support in the office’s effort to engage employee resource groups, student resource groups, diversity cabinets/councils, other diversity and inclusion infrastructures (e.g., work groups and committees) across campus.
- Work with the IESP team to track and assess the effectiveness of educational experiences and learning technologies.
Additional duties as assigned.Minimum Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience.
Working in a university setting with equal opportunity compliance and educational programming may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Teaching experience or experience developing and presenting workshops and training to diverse audiences, including but not limited to faculty, staff and students. Knowledge and experience with the implementation of adult learning and student development theoretical frameworks and application to practice.
- Experience with technical platforms for the development, deployment and delivery of educational and training is expected.
- Knowledge of affirmative action and equal opportunities laws.
- Experience presenting and coordinating training and educational programs.
- Experience mediating employee disputes.
- Experience conducting assessment.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
YesCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/08/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
383101 - Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity AdministrationAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.