Mail Clerk I
Mail Clerk IAnticipated Hiring Range:
7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday - FridayJob Location:
Campus Mail ServicesAbout the Department:
The 900+ positions of the Facilities Division service the students and staff of the University’s teaching, research/administrative space and 2,240 acres of infrastructure. The Facilities Division provides design and building services, maintenance, custodial, landscape, solid waste removal, utility, mail, and motor pool services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The goal is to deliver cost effective services to the University, ensure completed projects and maintenance that conform to codes and regulations, while minimizing University liabilities and disruptions caused by the maintenance, repair, building, and equipment modifications to the University.
The Grounds & Building Services unit provides campus wide programs and services and support to include landscape construction and maintenance, comprehensive waste and recycling programs and services and management of the University’s auto shop, motor fleet and mail services.Essential Job Duties:
- This position will facilitate the operation of a mail delivery route.
- This position will deliver mail to and pick up from assigned University departments.
- This position will sort through US mail and campus materials within the University Mail System.
- Before going on route in the morning Mail Clerk will communicate with supervisor and mail clerk II’s about potential issues and tasks of the day’s delivery.
- While picking up departmental mail, the Mail Clerk will respond to direct questions from department personnel related to mail and mailing issues.
- Observe the university’s safety requirements
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalency.Other Required Qualifications:
- Ability to perform routine assignments professionally in a route delivery mail system.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally with supervisors and the general public and understand verbal and written instructions and other communications regarding work assignments and other matters.
- Needs to be familiar with all USPS regulations.
- At least 2 years experience in a route delivery and or delivery of goods system.
- Drivers License required or NCDL required within 60 days of hire.
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
01/11/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Support Services AssociatePosition Classification Band Level:
ContributingPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $54,265Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
447201 - Campus Mail ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.