Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor (Clinical Teaching)
DescriptionCollege of NursingJob Title: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor (Clinical Teaching)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. The CU College of Nursing is seeking two full-time faculty members with teaching and scholarship experience in the Clinical Teaching Faculty Track at the rank of either Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor. Faculty rank will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The ideal candidate will teach across undergraduate and graduate programs with an emphasis on: adult and family primary care, pathophysiology, pharmacology, psychiatric mental health, and evidence-based practice.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here
.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus, College of Nursing is seeking two full-time faculty members in the Clinical Teaching Faculty Track at the rank of either Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor. Rank will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and community members from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.Successful candidates will have recent experience in the areas of focus listed above and a track record of excellence in academic teaching. Responsibilities may include participation in the teaching, practice, and service mission of the College of Nursing and the University of Colorado. Demonstration of academic leadership such as curricular/program development is preferred. For APRN candidates, a portion of the position may be devoted to clinical practice depending on the candidate’s experience and expertise. While the primary focus for these positions resides in the teaching mission of the College, service and scholarship to the University and the College are an expectation of all faculty members.These full-time positions involves didactic and clinical teaching responsibilities. Didactic courses are taught in the classroom, online, or in blended formats. Supervision of clinical courses includes clinical conferences using online conferencing, site visits, and close communication with clinical preceptors. Examples of Work Performed may include:
- Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course outcomes in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment.
- Provide education through learner centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of patients and meet workforce demands of the marketplace.
- Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Participate in activities that promote the stature of the academic programs and the College of Nursing as well as abide by the mandates set by the University of Colorado, and the College of Nursing.
- Participate in course, curricular and program revisions / development as assigned.
- Introduce students to skills needed to succeed in a progressive teaching and learning environment that incorporates ongoing innovative strategies for competency development.
- Evaluate student application of knowledge.
- Demonstrate basic skills in operating the educational technology tools.
- Promote accountability among students by implementing clear guidelines and expectations for preparation, engagement, and self-directed study/practice.
- Serve on divisional, college, and university committees;
- Demonstrate a commitment to collaborative inter-professional teaching and scholarship.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for each position has been established at: $95,000 - $120,000 annually at Assistant Professor of Clinical Teaching$110,000 - $130,000 annually at Associate Professor of Clinical Teaching$130,000 - $160,000 annually at Professor of Clinical Teaching. Overall, the salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary ranges represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or an earned doctorate in an appropriate field of science, nursing, social science, education, or related areaA record of demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, collegial collaboration, and commitment to a program of scholarship to qualify for the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in the Clinical Teaching Faculty track
- Minimum qualifications for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor include recognition as an expert teacher and sustained commitment to a program of scholarship
Minimum qualifications for appointment at the rank of Professor include recognition as a master teacher, sustained leadership in teaching, expertise in curriculum development and teaching innovations, and a sustained commitment to peer reviewed scholarly work
Eligible to obtain an unencumbered nursing license in ColoradoPreferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in teaching across nursing programs from undergraduate to DNP.Collaborative record of teaching and scholarship.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Jan 12, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University