Materials Handler II
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine’s
Materials Handler II
Position #767403 – Requisition #19884
Within the School of Dental Medicine’s (SDM) Support Services Department, positions design, implement and monitor systems and processes to ensure that the educational and clinical facilities of the dental school are functional, safe, clean, secure and well-maintained. This department also ensures that effective inventory control systems are in place for clinical and educational programs of the School.The purpose of this Materials Handler II is to provide support to the Support Services Warehouse Department in maintaining, ordering, stocking, delivering and receiving of dental material, office materials and equipment to ensure effective and efficient operations of SDM. This position will operate with a fair amount of autonomy during the workday and must be able to solve problems when there is no immediate guidance from a supervisorJob ResponsibilitiesWarehouse Receiving and Processing – 60% (Essential Function)
- Materials management include receiving and unpacking shipments, verifying contents against orders, inspecting materials for damages, stock items in appropriate locations, monitor inventory and ensure proper stock rotation, deliver materials to the work units, process order and receiving reports. Lift 50lbs on a consistent basis. Operating a pallet jack to include navigating narrow spaces while pushing and pulling pallets of material.
- Ensures appropriate procurement, processing and dispensing of materials are consistent with School, Campus, University, State, and Federal Agencies on a daily basis. Works with clinical staff to ensure when internal orders are to be requested and processed, identify and resolve issues with incorrect orders, contacts IT to resolve issues with the ordering system and works with the customer when requirements are in need of adjustment or not being met.
- Maintains the operations of materials inventory management and warehouse functions. Is an active participant at the support services window which includes: customer service in dispensing of materials, mail, keys, etc. Adjusts inventory levels as needed to ensure inventory items are at appropriate levels. Responsible for maintaining the SDM inventory module with minimal errors, and submits IT tickets for system errors pertaining to inventory. Participate in the yearly inventory audit. This includes counting inventory and verifying accuracy in the inventory module, deep cleaning and organizing warehouse space.
- Seeks to serve the needs of the school’s faculty, staff and students while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements in a fiscally constrained environment. Use judgment on when supervisor guidance or approval is appropriate. Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding opportunities for enhancing the operations of the materials and inventory management. Maintain positive relationships with vendors and customers.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring all crash carts and AED cabinets. Monitor each cabinet and cart on a daily basis as well as a more in depth inventory inspection every month on their assigned day. Ensure that all safety equipment within each is at full functioning capability. Maintain inventory of each cart and cabinet as well as monitoring oxygen bottle levels and equipment operation. Be a liaison between emergency responders and ordering personnel to assure that the appropriate items are within each cart or cabinet.
- The person in this position is responsible for making sure that each crash cart / AED cabinet is checked and that the log is signed daily/monthly on their assigned days. Ensure that personnel will be appointed to perform the checks in their absence. Notify all responsible parties if an error or problem is discovered.
- Patient/Faculty/Staff Check-In – Responsibility for asking and recording responses to screening questions, taking temperatures, data entry into axiUm, ensuring compliance with mask wearing and greeting individuals upon entry to the building.
- Social Distancing Monitoring – Responsibility for ensuring 6-foot distancing and one-way flowing throughout the building. Ensure entrance and exiting through appropriate locations, and monitoring elevator capacity.
- On occasion, this position may be assigned other duties needed to help drive to the vision, fulfill the mission, and uphold the organizational values of CU Denver/Anschutz and the SDM.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of experience that includes warehouse processing and receiving and inventory control.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience working with medical supply inventories
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate policies and exercise good judgment in the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and rules.
- Ability to organize and to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, faculty, students and with departmental representatives within the campus and university.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills to effectively work in a variety of settings
- This position utilizes the relevant available policies and procedures to determine how they apply to given situations such as dispute resolutions, finding alternative supply sources for unique or back-ordered items, modified delivery schedules and routes,
- This position must have and understanding of the operations of each clinic areas when making decisions to ensure that materials are delivered within appropriate timeframes to avoid disruption. Uses sound judgment when setting priorities or when the need to deviate from normal routine may be required. Develops new, or modifies current, processes to meet the needs of the School as necessary.
- This position utilizes the relevant available policies and procedures to determine how they apply to given situations such as maintaining the appropriate inventory for School operations, conducting accurate and results driven audits, and ensuring high-levels of customer service.
Interaction with students, faculty or staff on a daily basis to meet the demands of clinical and educational operations. Strong communication skills and problem solving skills for dealing with a variety of personalities and various levels of stress at times.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jan 12, 2021
Unposting Date: Jan 17, 2021, 6:59:00 AM