UTS Temporary Budget Analyst at UNC Chapel Hill
Temporary Staff (SHRA)Job Title:
UTS Temporary Budget Analyst at UNC Chapel HillDepartment Name:
HR UTS PartnershipVacancy ID:
S017237Position Posting Category:
$20.00-27.00 per hourFull-time/Part-time:
Full-Time TemporaryWork Schedule:
40 hours per weekEstimated Duration of Appointment:
6 months not to exceed 11 monthsPosting Open Date:
01/11/2021Posting Close Date:
02/11/2021Description of Work:
The Budget Analyst will provide oversight and support in the execution of the budget and expense to a specific portfolio consisting of Principal Investigators and/or Center/Institute Directors. This support will include pre-award, post-award, and financial management of other fund types. On the pre-award side, this position will work with research teams to develop proposal budgets, work with subcontractors to develop their budgets and other materials, complete applications such as CAYUSE and PHS forms, process RAMSeS Internal Processing Form for institutional routing, and liaison with OSR. This position will provide support for finance and post-award activities by independently reviewing and approving transactions, reconciling and reporting on various fund types, providing personnel and non-personnel projections, and acting as a liaison with central offices and sponsors.
This position will examine budgets and expenditures for compliance with applicable state, federal, and agency laws. This position will provide consultation, technical assistance, and coordination in the preparation and execution of the initial, continuation, operating, and expansion budgets through pre-award and post-award processes that will utilize multiple funding sources. This position completes or evaluates methodologies used in the preparation of proposal budgets and/or program spending forecasts and provides technical assistance to improve the accuracy of projections. The position will evaluate program, policy, and rule changes to determine their fiscal and program impact and to assure compliance with state, federal, and agency requirements. The position is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of state, federal, and agency required reports to ensure that they meet their respective requirements. The position may review and approve contract recommendations to assure that contracts are consistent with state, federal, and agency guidelines. This position will identify risk and adverse issues generated in budget and program activities, present appropriate issues and recommend solutions to management. Professional technical knowledge and analytical skills will assure that goals and outcomes are provided with effective support.Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, accounting, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:It is necessary for the candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Knowledge and experience working with pre- and post-award financial management from a variety of sponsors.
• Extensive experience with calculating payroll and forecasting.
• Thorough understanding of how to interpret regulations and guidelines from a wide variety of funding agencies and use the funding mechanism required by those agencies.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Extensive experience creating spreadsheets and developing formulas in Excel.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
• Ability to perform work with a high degree of autonomy, accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
Preferred Qualifications: Three or more years of experience with financial management of sponsored research (pre- and post-award).
• Previous experience with UNC-CH systems (e.g., CAYUSE, RAMSeS, ConnectCarolina, Infoporte).
• Experience with State, F&A, trust, and other fund types.
• Certified Research Administrator (CRA), Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA), and/or Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator (CPRA) credentials.
• Experience managing or providing work direction to peers and clients/customers
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA Funded:
NoSpecial Instructions :
UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State University are collaborating to extend NC State’s internal temporary staffing function as a shared service for both institutions. Under this partnership, UTS provides exclusive temporary staffing services to UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State, employing candidates to work as temporary employees in a variety of jobs on both campuses.
If you are interested in applying to this position please click on the following link:https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/139296Temporary Employment Policies: