Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Coordinator
Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) CoordinatorRequisition IDreq749DepartmentInternational Student ServicesCampusRC-Rock Creek CampusEmployment TypeAcademic Prof - Full TimeBest Consideration DateApply Immediately; This jobposting will close once sufficient qualified applications have beenreceived.Position SummaryUnder the direction of the Assistant Director of the Office of International Student Services (OISS), the SEVIS Coordinator works with current F-1 International Students at Portland Community College (PCC). The person assigned to this position will serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for these students, maintaining all SEVIS records and ensuring PCC’s SEVIS compliance.See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/academic-pro-jobs/sevis-coordinator/ Candidate ProfileThese qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current F-1 student visa rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and procedures relating to admissions, registration, testing, and placement.
Displayed Skills in:
- Researching and locating information related to internal and external organizations using online and other sources.
- Evaluating transcripts and graduation petitions.
- Delivering classroom and public presentations.
- Operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, Social Science, Liberal Arts, or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience in intercultural communication and working in a post-secondary environment advising international students.
- One year of experience working as a Designated School Official (DSO) for a college or a university.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Fluency in one language other than English.
- Experience studying abroad.3-5 years DSO in maintaining SEVIS records for a large population of F-1 international students.
- Ability to work successfully with Google Drive, EAB (Navigate), Banner.
- Skills in community services and resources for appropriate referrals.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
*Please note: Temporary Academic Professional employees are not eligible for Personal Leave Days, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, or AD&D Insurance.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 13.33 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of services)
- 1 day of sick leave per month
- 11 holidays
- 3 additional personal leave days per year
Work is performed in an office environment. Occasional evening or weekend hours required. Incumbents may travel to businesses or college fairs requiring the use of a personal vehicle.
Occasional lifting of boxes of catalogs and/or other college material which may weigh up to 25 pounds.Background Check RequiredYesPortland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA