ERP Application Resource Manager
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
ERP Application Resource ManagerDepartment:
SYS-IT Shared Services-925000Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) is a component of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.Position Overview:
Performs supervisory oversight of ERP developers and analysts. Work involves overseeing the planning, scheduling, and assigning of ERP resources to projects; coordinating ERP programming projects; analyzing proposed ERP applications; and determining and hiring needed resources. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Supervises and manages the work of others.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computing or information systems, or in management and six years of progressively responsible technology related and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of subordinates
•General understanding of the methods and equipment used in information technology, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
•Ability to coordinate a work team and determine and coordinate training for programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments.
•Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
•Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
•Knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed.
•Utilization of Agile principles and supporting frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc) for development.
•Ability to perform PeopleSoft code reviews
•Develop custom solutions or integrations for projects in PeopleSoft – preferably HCM
•PeopleSoft Fluid development experience
•Review technical designs and assist developers with use of best practice development techniques
Generally 8am – 5pmDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
ERP Application Resource MgrPhysical Requirements:
• Manages direct reports, including interviewing, hiring, performance reviews, and terminations when neededo:
• Schedules work of staff based on project and support priorities, reviews work and mentors staff.o:
• Works with director to assist with the development of training plans for team members based on availability of training and skillset.o:
• Develops and maintains project plans for all ERP enhancements, when a project manager is not assigned.o:
• Reports, tracks and communicates status and issues of projects in a timely manner, based on departmental defined reporting expectations.o:
• Participates in the development of long range plans and goals for team and individual team members.o:
• Coaches teams on planning, tracking and completion of the work within the agreed plan, using agreed methods and processes.o:
• Gains a general understanding of the current business processes by meeting with userso:
• Provides guidance to team members and business analysts in the creation of unit system testing plans and test scripts and ensures the thorough testing of all software customizations, bolt-ons, and interfaces to meet SDLC requirements.o:
• Ensures that all necessary documentation is completed by team members for all programming efforts.o:
• Enforces the compliancy of established processes and procedures for project management, SDLC, and ERP design and coding standards for all development efforts.o:
• Assign team members on a rotating basis for on-call support.o:
• Works with other ITSS staff in a matrix assignment environment in support of cross-functional initiatives, when assigned.o:
• Stays current with evolving technologies.Posting Number:
S1481PQuicklink for Posting: