Research Coordinator I - Pediatrics Research Hub (PoRCH) Division
Job no: 515465
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29090100 - MD-PEDS-ADMINISTRATION
Advertised: 11 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Research Coordinator I - Pediatrics Research Hub (PoRCH) DivisionJob Description:
The Research Coordinator I is responsible for coordinating all aspects of assigned research projects facilitated by the Pediatric Research Hub (PoRCH). Duties would include coordinating assigned research studies, recruiting participants, collecting, entering and managing data, and actively participating in multi-disciplinary team meetings. Additional duties would include conducting literature searches for assigned studies, developing abstracts, writing manuscripts and creating conference presentations for assigned faculty.
Responsibilities to include:
- Coordinate and manage assigned research studies. Activities include recruiting and consenting eligible participants, collecting data, entering data, attending relevant trainings and meetings and coordinating communication for the study team. Additional activities include managing data and performing quality assurance checks for the Informed Consent and other relevant study documents.
- Help develop and submit IRB protocols and informed consents, create recruitment materials, organize and manage computer files and databases, maintain accurate and up-to-date study records and assist with grant writing. Create data collection tools in Word, Excel or REDCap, etc., and work with the study to prepare the data for analysis.
- Actively work with study team to identify, recruit and enroll participants. Develop relationships with relevant programs and agencies to help identify and enroll potential participants.
- Perform literature searches, help develop academic output to include abstracts, conference presentations, workshops and manuscripts.
- Assist with managing IRB continuing reviews and other compliance reports and tasks.
$40,000 - $50,000 annually; commensurate within this range based on qualifications and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Public Health or related field.
- Research experience, including clinical trials, literature searches and lab experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, forward ideas as appropriate and problem solve when needed.
- Multi-media capabilities strongly preferred; proficiency with Microsoft Office such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
To be considered for this position, please upload your cover letter or letter of interest, resume, and a list of professional references.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM position. This job may require occasional overtime to meet programmatic needs.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: