Job no: 515479
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:60310000 - AG-FAC PLANNING / OPERATIONS
Advertised: 11 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
The Electrician inspects and performs maintenance and preventative maintenance on all UF/IFAS owned buildings, to include but not be limited to, the following:
1) Provide code compliant electrical installations for renovating and new construction projects as required.
2) Perform electrical repairs to motors, building wiring, electrical equipment and preventive maintenance as required.
3) Perform maintenance repairs and replacement of fire alarm control panels and components; stationary generator systems and transfer switches; and variable frequency drives.
4) Perform other related duties and required. Uses state vehicles to drive to and from work sites.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. We welcome nominations of and applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research, teaching and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Expected Salary:
$19 to $21 per hour; commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
Completion of an approved electrician apprenticeship program; or a high school diploma and three of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the require experience.
Valid Florida driver licensePreferred Qualifications:
1) Knowledge & ability to install, repair, and maintain all types of electrical services and equipment
2) Ability to read and understand blueprints, shop drawings, and schematic drawings
3) Ability to do thorough materials takeoffs
4) Ability to work and communicate with all trades
5) Ability to work with minimum supervision.
6) Four years experienceSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Must have city/county journeyman elec. license or obtain the license within the first 6 months of employment.Health Assessment Required: