End User Computing Specialist II - Pediatrics Administration Division
Job no: 515487
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:29090100 - MD-PEDS-ADMINISTRATION
Advertised: 11 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
End User Computing Spec IIJob Description:
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking candidates for an End User Computing Specialist II position to provide technical end IT user support for workstation, laptop, and other end user devices and technologies. Responsibilities also include mobile device support and helpdesk staffing. Occasional travel may be required.
Responsibilities to include:
- Accepts and logs support calls, provides first-level research and resolution and refers to second-level support when higher technical skills are required to resolve the issue. Telephone and onsite support for network, desktops, laptops and all mobile devices--software and hardware. Some of these systems will be offsite and require travel.
- Performs new system installations, image and deploy workstations, troubleshoot and support general office and medical related applications including but not limited to email, billing, databases, documentation, spreadsheets, stream live video and specialized networking printing; all of them under a HIPPA compliant environment.
- Workstation repairs, upgrades and troubleshooting. Supports an extensive variety of peripherals like printers, scanners, copiers, projectors, faxes and latest Smartphone devices. Supports Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Assists in the implementation of IT related initiatives (annual refresh, OS deployments, etc.)
This includes annual computer refresh/rollout, new OS deployments, and divisional relocations
- Establishes direct communication with manufacturers for purchasing, repair and replacement of products under warranty.
- Assists with development of best practices and procedures related to the operations of the help desk.
- Trains OPS and student staff.
$19.00 - $22.00 per hour; commensurate within this range based on qualifications and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
It is strongly preferred that candidates will have completed college level network systems administration coursework or possess an equivalent certification, such as an A+ or MCP. Windows and Mac OS’s. In addition, preferred candidates will possess superior interpersonal communication skills.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, please upload your cover letter or letter of interest, resume, and a list of professional references.
Work schedule is Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: