Clinical Research Nurse
Job no: 515466
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29051300 - MD-NEPHROLOGY
Advertised: 12 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Enter the classification title here.Job Description:
The Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Hypertension & Renal Transplantation are looking to fill a Clinical Research Nurse position. The Clinical Research Nurse for the Division of Nephrology will serve in the roles of patient navigator and facilitator for the clinical, business, educational, and clinical research efforts of the program. The duties for this position will include but not limited to:
- Work with referring physicians and staff to streamline clinical processes
- Enter procedure orders in Epic and route to providers for signature.
- Participate in business development efforts
- Abstracting outside data into EPIC
- Explain research protocol to participants; respond to patient inquiries regarding protocol; schedule patient participation ensure compliance with research protocol; inform referring physicians of protocol requirements.
- Obtain and record research data in conjunction with physician and other professionals on the research team; interview subjects; review medical records; assist in planning nursing aspects of medical team research; write data collection tools.
- Coordinate and evaluate the collection of research data; coordinate data management system for research data; create data collection tools. Maintain all case report forms.
- Notification of referring physician and patient of results and plans
- Conduct literature review assist in the preparation of data for use in manuscripts for professional publication.
- Assist in developing budgets.
- Educate hospital and clinic staff in implementation of research protocol
- Scheduling of procedure
- Conduct physical assessments; take medical histories.
- Accept triage phone calls from patients pre and post procedure to answer any questions regarding their procedures.
- Coordination of additional needed testing prior to procedure.
- Coordination of additional testing or referral after procedure.
- Assess patient reaction to medications and/or treatments as part of a research protocol; identify potential adverse reactions and report in a timely manner, according to federal guidelines.
- Coordination of financial screens as needed
- Provide direction and guidance by assisting coordinators and/or investigators by planning and conducting nursing protocol of medical team research; write consent forms, maintain files in compliance with Food and Drug Administration' regulations. Submit appropriate documentation and forms to the Institutional Review Board.
- Determine eligibility of potential study participants; obtain informed consent; enroll patients in research protocol; coordinate all aspects of the patient's care.
- This position will provide back-up coverage for other research coordinators’ studies within the Division as needed. This position will also receive such back-up as needed.
- Facilitate daily team communication and participate in regular meetings with the study team or other meetings as necessary. Keep knowledge of research up to date, attending meetings related to research and updating training certificates and accessing research news and training online
- This position will perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
$51,500 - $60,00Minimum Requirements:
Graduate of a nationally accredited nursing program and four years of professional nursing experience. Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in Nephrology clinical care and with the Shands Hospital systems preferredSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Upload CV for consideration for this position.
This is a time-limited position
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: