Education/Training Spec III
Job no: 515472
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29050800 - MD-INFECTIOUS DISEASES
Advertised: 12 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Education Training Specialist IIIJob Description:
The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases is looking to fill a Education Training Specialist III position. The Education Training Specialist performs duties and responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Director of Education and Training at the Southeastern National TB (Tuberculosis) Center. The Education Training Specialist functions as a training coordinator with a high level of responsibility for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating Tuberculosis-related training events. The duties for this position include but not limited to:
- Provide TB programmatic technical assistance (coaching) and medical consultation in a specified geographic territory in the southeast U.S. Serves as coordinator for this complex initiative, managing a team of consultants and ensuring effectiveness of SNTC’s medical consultation service.
- Design training programs, develop educational plans, goals and objectives, instructional methods, curricula and educational training materials (products) for a variety of healthcare audiences based on CDC guidance and regional needs assessment data analysis. Work with external reviewers, instructional designers, affiliate faculty and state-level personnel to coordinate their review of materials and integrate reviews into the final materials.
- Implement, coordinate and/or conduct training events on tuberculosis and related health topics in a specified geographic territory in the southeast U.S. (requires travel). Responsible for project management and all tasks assigned to the role of the Project Leader, including working with affiliate faculty and coordinating travel arrangements. Plan and conduct impact evaluations, incorporating continuous quality improvement feedback, incorporating the results of course evaluation data into subsequent courses to ensure that the course content and delivery mechanisms are meeting the needs of the participants. Strategize with other SNTC staff to integrate new training formats and topics as identified.
- Participates actively in professional organizations and conferences; communicate with stakeholders, national TB Centers, state and territory TB Programs, and peers. Increase visibility in liaison role between the SNTC and the Affiliate Faculty members associated with the center.
- Maintain appropriate training records and summarization of training, including report writing.Expected Salary:
$75,000 - $82,000Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Nursing degree is preferred. Master’s Degree in public health or health education, health communication, nursing, or related health field is preferred as well as a minimum of 2 years’ experience in public health and education for healthcare professionals (or a Bachelor’s Degree in similar field with 4 years’ experience)
Demonstrated knowledge of tuberculosis control and treatment is desired. The ability to coordinate needs assessment and evaluation activities, know all phases of the training course development process with proven results, manage large and complex projects to successful completion, and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders is desired. Must possess a highly collaborative work-style, and the ability to communicate with a variety of health professionals.
Experience developing and implementing onsite, online and blended training.
Spanish language fluency is desired, but not required.
Upload CV for consideration for this position.This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: