Senior Consultant, Financial Planning
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Works independently and proactively seeks guidance as required. Plans and leads high visibility projects and manages multiple commitments simultaneously. Sets and manages expectations through effective communication. Cultivates internal partnerships at all levels; serves primarily in a “partner-facing” capacity.
- Assists executive leadership to create strategic and long range business plans; supports capital and operating expense budget development for assigned projects and support areas.
- Responsible for all aspects of business planning and financial performance for assigned institutional projects. Work is generally project based at the institutional level with additional support spanning multiple service lines.
- Partners with planning and analysis professionals to lend expertise to the planning and execution of service line–level work
- Partners with medical center leadership to develop strategies and tactics for financial performance improvement.
- Assists in the skills and competency development of junior planning and analysis team members.
- Willingly adapts to organizational change and models commitment to professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develops and delivers professional presentations to all levels of leadership and organization governance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred (degree in business, healthcare administration, or management strongly preferred)
Experience: 5 years relevant experience
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.