Patient Access Specialist - Evening Shift
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-12
Performs Patient Access functions of a specialized nature through the application and interpretation of policies and procedures and requiring the use of independent judgment in a medical setting. This includes mastery of registration insurance scheduling and billing/POS collections (OLJ) in multiple locations which include varying clinical demands as well as registration criteria. Additionally Patient Access Specialists are the first line of dialogue about Financial Assistance through financial screening. Offer financial screening with a mini screening at registration and refer to the Financial Coordinators for financial counseling support and screening.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service both for in-person and telephone activities.
- Demonstrates expected behaviors applicable to the Medical Center and Revenue Cycle access systems and policies procedures and guidelines.
- Receives funds issues receipts balances cash journals and makes deposits.
- Maintains current working knowledge; adheres to Revenue Cycle policies and procedures; performs problem-solving activities.
- Performs area-specific support activities.
- Demonstrates engagement in the work team and goals of the Revenue Cycle.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: None required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.