Supplier Diversity Business Analyst
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-12
The Vice President for Finance department of Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services seeks a Supplier Diversity Business Analyst to join their team. The business analyst will be responsible for a range of duties including data analysis, program support, and training and outreach of the University’s supplier diversity programs. This position will have latitude to apply skills to solve routine problems without review, and some latitude to devise the approach and method to performing assignments.Supplier Diversity is a key component of University procurements. It exists as a primary resource for UVA schools and departments, diverse suppliers and prime contractors, and fellow institutions of higher education across VASCUPP (the Virginia Association of State College and University Purchasing Professionals).Our aim is to position UVA as a leading advocate for supplier diversity, not as a competitive advantage but, rather, as a competitive imperative in American higher education. A diverse supplier base is a reflection of the diversity of our own institution. Partnering with a diverse range of suppliers who can provide the goods required by UVA for the best value possible enables us to serve our schools, our departments, and our extended community better.The mission of the Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services is to support the purpose and goals of the University of Virginia – its educational, research, patient care, and public service missions – by purchasing and providing quality goods and services at competitive prices, proper financial stewardship for payments, and providing responsive and responsible service to all University departments. We achieve our mission by dedication to excellence in customer service, providing avenues of access to businesses, processing orders in a timely manner, streamlining operations, pursuing cost savings, identifying new sources of supply, developing relationships with small, minority-owned, and women-owned (SWaM) suppliers, and complying with all laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.Deeply embedded within Procurement's mission is the University's commitment to lead in supplier diversity by developing sustainable relationships with qualified, reliable SWaM businesses. We will actively seek out the best firms that can enable the University of Virginia to deliver high-quality education, research, public service, and healthcare.
- Data Collection and Reporting. Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that programs meet or exceed goals.
- Track metrics on Supplier Diversity activities. Refine outreach and engagement through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Develop a Supplier Diversity public listing by commodity to share with university departments.
- Collects operational data related to Procurement activities and prepares statistical analyses, graphics, and presentations to demonstrate the effect of proposed changes or improvements to business processes and policies
- Continuously engages with stakeholders to provide support and guidance regarding SWaM purchases. Documents findings.
- Provides support and guidance to suppliers regarding the Virginia Department of Small Business & Supplier Diversity, Small, Women and Minority-owned (SWaM) certification programs. Develops and implements SWaM certification strategy. Ensures that suppliers are supported with regards to initial registration, renewal, and expiration notification of certification.
- Assists in the development of impact and strategic commodity assessments for the University.
- Participates in formal solicitation events and provides support regarding identification of small, diverse, and local economy opportunities.
Training and Outreach
- Supports and manages aspects of training and outreach strategy required by the supplier diversity program. Participates in supplier business reviews, department evaluations, and small, diverse, and local opportunity assessments.
- Develop content for seminars, forums, and presentations. Present data in a way that can be easily and quickly grasped by stakeholders.
- Participates with Virginia Association of State College & University Purchasing Professionals Supplier Diversity Advisory Council meetings and associated events.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least one year of business-related experience in a fast-paced environment which requires quick thinking and strong interpersonal skills is required.
- Possesses excellent communication skills including written, verbal, interpersonal, and proof reading.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and presenting visual presentations
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision and has a high customer service ethic and expectation for quality
- Portrays a professional manner as a representative of UVA
- Is a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and confidential information
- Has a focus on continuous improvement
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Salesforce software
- Physical Demands: This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $45,667 - $70,000 commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications, with UVA benefits.
Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘'Supplier Diversity Business Analyst". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter. Applicant review will begin January 18, with an anticipated hire in February. This position will remain open until filled. This role may be required to report onsite once COVID-mandated telecommute ends.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.