Job descriptionJob no: 688668
Work type: Extension, Support Staff
Pay Grade: 00
Major Administrative Unit / College: Michigan State University Extension
Department: Msue Directors Office 10058282
Sub Area: CT- Clerical Tech.
Salary: 12.00 per hour
Location: In State, Wayne
Categories: Temporary, Non-Union
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This a temporary or on-call position. Provides clerical support. Responsibilities may include secretarial, receptionist, bookkeeping, information processing or related clerical tasks. Temps On-Campus: includes College of Human Medicine, the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Detroit Medical Center, and the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Macomb University CenterTerm. On campus temps can work six (6) months then terminate for three (3) months or switch to an oncall. Off campus temps can continuously work nine(9) month appointment with a one (1) week break in between. On-Call allowed to work up to 40 hours/week for three (3) months then must be moved down to 19 hours/week and cannot work more than 520 hours in any six (6) month period.Unit Position Summary
Located in Wayne county, provides clerical support for MSU Extension office. Duties consist of:
- Types and proofreads standard and/or pre-formatted documents in order to provide the necessary documentation for activities within the department and to produce rough drafts and final copies for faculty and staff.
- Greets visitors and answers the phone in order to provide information or screen, prioritize and
route to the correct source.
- Reproduces, collates and staples materials for staff.
- Sorts, opens, and distributes department mail.
- Requisitions and checks in office supplies in order to maintain current inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences to assist with program development and outreach.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to multitask
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.Work Hours
Advertised: Jan 11, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 25, 2021 Eastern Standard Time