Event Setup Coordinator
Trinity Christian College seeks hourly full-time Setup Coordinator for our Event Services Department to work Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm and some Saturday hours as needed. The setup coordinator is responsible for setting up and breaking down furniture setups across campus. This involves handling the proper storage, transportation, and setup of campus furniture. This individual must monitor and respond to emails and service requests each day of his or her shifts to understand the setup needs on campus. He or she will both work alone and with student team members to execute event setups and teardowns, as well as furniture sanitation after events. The coordinator will also check room setups for adherence to room diagrams, as well as quality assurance.
Additionally, coordinator may be assigned to work during an event, to perform campus space assessments, and to support the Event Services team by addressing simple guest concerns and communicating with other departments to solve problems. Additional duties include: distributing or updating signs around campus, calculating socially distanced room capacities based on 6 feet between individuals, and other tasks as needed.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Individual will be responsible for setting up and breaking down furniture setups across campus:
- Employee will be responsible for the proper storage, transportation, and setup of campus furniture
- This individual must monitor and respond to emails and service requests each day of his or her shifts to understand the setup needs on campus
- He or she may work alone or with student team members to execute event setups and teardowns, as well as furniture sanitation after events
- Check room setups for adherence to room diagram, as well as quality assurance
Individual may be assigned to work during an event, to perform campus space assessments, and to support the Event Services team:
- When working during an event, employee must be able to address simple guest concerns and communicate with other departments to solve problems
- Individual may also be responsible for distributing or updating signs around campus
- Must be able to calculate socially distanced room capacities based on 6’ between individuals
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Valid US Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Professional expertise and integrity
- Related experience preferred
- Able to speak, read, and write in English
- Able to use smart phone
- Able to use basic Microsoft Office products: i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to draw and interpret room diagrams
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Setups Coordinator will work with 5 – 7* student employees to execute and take down event setups. Students
report to Director of Event services, but Setups Coordinator is expected to be in daily communication with them and to provide instruction to them regarding setups, as well as check their work. Student team members are expected to inform Setups Coordinator if they are unable to report for a shift.
*Please note – while Coronavirus Pandemic persists, the number of student employees is significantly decreased.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. This person will often be present at events where outside parties are present (i.e. event rental clients as well as families of students and other campus guests). He or she should be able to comfortably address these guests and work out solutions if guests have questions while on campus.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church