Internship and Employment Coordinator
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Internship and Employment Coordinator.
This is a full time position in the Hannifan Center for Career and Alumni Connections. The position coaches students pursing internships and employment along with how to navigate the process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting with students one on one or individually by appointment regarding internships and employment
- Facilitating the prerequisite internship introduction video/quiz
- Teaching students with an understanding of the job search process, including various job search strategies, to empower students to take personal responsibility for their search and achieve better results
- Processing and maintaining all internship paper work
- Maintaining a faculty internship supervisor spread sheet
- Tracking internship numbers by graphing monthly
- Manage job portal management system by importing employer contact information and internship/job opportunities for posting
- Actively recruit students to participate in Career Connections programming
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all active internships
- Deliver classroom presentations on department's career resources
- Cultivate relationships across campus in an effort to engage faculty, athletics, advising, IAL
- Understanding of major maps and knowledge of all degree programs offered
- Excellent understanding of CPT and OPT process
- Instructing students to build good understanding of the value of networking and how to incorporate LinkedIn within their job search
- Ability to review a resume based on resume guidelines established
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must be team player
- Must be flexible
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience coaching/advising students about various career preparation topics including job search, resume review, interview skills, career exploration, and others.
- Possess industry recognized career coaching and/or resume writing certifications (CPRW, ACRW)
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.