Student Recruiter (West Loop)
Student Recruiter (West Loop)🔍Houston, Texas, West Loop CenterNew📁Managerial & Professional📅2000275 Requisition #📅1 day ago Post DateThe Organization Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees. The Team Play a central role at HCC as you keep our everyday operations running like clockwork. You’ll get the chance to make things happen and work closely with inspiring leaders across different parts of the institution. Whether your role is supportive, administrative, financial or something else, you’ll be part of a dynamic team that not only provides HCC students with cutting-edge academic and career tools, it also takes care of its people. We are currently seeking a Student Recruiter who will advance the institution’s proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service. The Opportunity You: You’re an outgoing person who builds alliances easily, and you’re passionate about helping students get on the right track toward rewarding careers.Your mission: Work directly with department leaders, the division chair and faculty to develop a comprehensive, career-specific enrollment management plan. A typical day: In the morning, you may be at a local high school event where you’ll help identify and recruit juniors and seniors for courses, or at an on-campus fair where you’ll provide information about careers, course requirements and current job availability. When you wrap that up, you may head to a meeting with Public Relations to provide input for a new marketing campaign aimed at recruiting students to courses. Finally, you’ll end your day back at the office to make follow-up calls to prospective students and update the prospective-student database. Next steps: If you always have the student experience in the forefront of your planning and execution, if you’re a collaborator, an innovator and a person who gets things done, apply today! Location Houston is a city with limitless possibilities: • Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55. • 145 languages are spoken here.• Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.• Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.• The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round. • World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate health care system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.• With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene. • Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines. If this sounds like the role for you and you’re ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away. SUMMARYDevelop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan that includes: maintaining a strong presence in targeted schools and communities, collaborating with targeted Middle and High Schools, Community Based Organizations, and college program areas. This includes maintaining a strong presence at events that reach targeted populations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct information sessions on admissions requirements for internal students;
- Attend recruitment functions of high schools, colleges, community fairs, etc.;
- Develop networks with social service agencies to bring HCC programs to the attention of their clients;
- Host recruiting fairs throughout the year to attract new students to HCC;
- May develop a data management student tracking system;
- Keep accurate records of all students who express an interest in HCCS programs and track their progress through acceptance into programs;
- May recruit high school junior and senior students for various dual credit courses;
- May support Mobile Go recruitment activities and District sponsored Outreach and Recruitment events;
- Identify and coordinate assessment procedures for individuals entering HCCS programs;
- Monitor and conduct follow-up with students contacted at all recruitment efforts;
- Develop networks with all Houston area career centers;
- Generate and distribute recruitment reports;
- Work with Office of Public Information to assist with developing marketing materials;
- Collaborate with other departments throughout the college; and
- Develop networks with all Houston area career centers.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. EDUCATION Bachelor’s degree required. EXPERIENCE Three (3) years relevant program experience preferred. Experience working with a diverse population. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with high schools, community agencies
- Ability to communicate and maintain productive working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization ;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications)
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends;
- Ability to work on a team with diverse individuals;
- Self-starter and problem-solver;
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluency , both oral and written in multiple languages preferred;
- Possess ability to handle multiple tasks at once;
- Excellent time management skills required; and
- Knowledge of the greater Houston area and familiarity with the different school districts preferred.
Office of Institutional EquityPO Box 667517 Houston TX, 77266713 718.8271 or [email protected] HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.