Director of Computing and Communication Services
Position Title: Director of Computing and Communication Services
Department: Computing and Communication Services
Type of Position: Full Time
Our University is engaged in the Relentless Pursuit of Inclusive Excellence. What that means is we have a commitment and a responsibility to embrace, support and honor all of the unique identities, backgrounds and experiences of our faculty, staff, neighbors, friends and families as well as those we do not yet know. If you believe your experience and ability to excel and lead in a diverse environment would make you a good candidate for this position then apply now.
East Stroudsburg University presently seeks to hire a Director of Computing and Communication Services to serve as the university’s chief information technology officer, overseeing all of the university's computer- and communication-related capabilities in support of academic, administrative and research functions; including security and infrastructure of systems (both academic and administrative), network services, distance learning, classroom technologies, computer laboratories, telecommunications, and end-user support; as well as extra-college responsibilities in the areas of basic education and state and local government.
- Collaborates with the Vice President for Administration and Finance, along with other leaders within the university, to prioritize the information technology (IT) strategies and needs of the university that will support the university’s missions and goals.
- Include necessary stakeholders in the planning, development, and modification of the strategic plan with consistent and timely communication of plans to staff, customers, service providers, state and local officials, and other stakeholders.
- Ensures the security of all of university’s data and documents and that the university’s policies and practices related to security, access and usage are aligned with the State System’s policies, guidelines and procedures and standards.
- Chair and participate in ad-hoc committees, serving as the IT resource, to establish policies, standards and guidelines for implementation and use of technology and represent the University in matters pertaining to the IT functional area.
- Serve as the university’s representative and liaison to the State System’s Chief Information Officer (CIO) group to help develop and implement systemwide technology-related strategies and plans.
- Monitor and evaluate computer support needs and opportunities for customers, keeping up to date on emerging technologies to determine impact on services at university and feasibility of implementation, ensuring a high level of technology solutions to best serve customers’ needs.
- Oversee evaluation, monitoring, and maintenance of all systems used across the university, including but limited to the Student Information System and all associated ancillary systems to ensure they are working properly; coordination and implementation of system additions/changes/upgrades that ensure statewide compatibility of all installed hardware, software, and peripheral components.
- Serve as main point of contact with all technology and communication vendors and systems (e.g., Banner, Oracle, Verizon, AT&T, Blue Ridge Communications, WESS FCC etc.)
- Lead the Computing and Communications Services Team, including providing appropriate staffing levels for all services to meet needs of end-users; developing and implementing work standards, performance management measures, professional development opportunities; and assignment of work duties for specific IT-related projects.
- Provide consultative services to customers, advise and guide in the development of plans for effective and efficient use of systems and services, assist customers in determining equipment and service needs, provide recommendations to improve cost-effectiveness of system usage.
- Plan, develop, administer, and monitor the division budget, including the approval of purchases for systems, equipment, and services.
- Procure and manage contracted services; develop specifications for contracted services and assist in contract negotiations; monitor services for compliance with contracts, industry trends to ensure rates for contracted services are consistent with industry norms, and customer satisfaction with contracted services.
- Provide coordination and communication with other university functional areas, user agencies, and outside support sources to provide information, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited university with minimum of 10 years mid- to senior-level IT work experience. Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, with diverse populations and ideas.
- Master’s Degree.
- Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Salary commensurate with experience and skill-set, plus excellent benefits. Final selection will be based upon a successful interview and background check. All candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. at the time of employment.
Posting Date: 12/24/2020
Closing Date: 1/25/2021
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and salary requirements.
Link for Direct Application: https://ESU.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=esu&id=4994
The University encourages applications from members of historically under-represented groups, including women, veterans, and persons with disabilities, and is an AA/EEO employer.