Postdoctoral Scholar Hunt Laboratory
University of California Irvine
Postdoctoral Scholar Hunt Laboratory
A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the Hunt laboratory at University of California Irvine. Our lab studies conditions of brain development and brain injury where a treatment does not yet exist. We integrate a constellation of molecular, cellular, developmental, electrophysiological and systems-level methods in our research, with the goal of developing new therapies. The lab is currently supported by multiple grants from NIH, NSF, California Institute of Regenerative Medicine and private sources to support these projects.
Learn more about our research program at www.roberthuntlab.org
We are recruiting into the following areas:
- Cellular and systems physiology: This position will use modern in vitro and in vivo electrophysiology, imaging, optogenetics and/or behavioral approaches in animal models of disease.
- Stem cells and development: This position will develop and use novel molecular tools to manipulate human IPSCs for use in cell therapy and/or to study human disease.
- Molecular physiology: This position will develop and use new molecular tools to interrogate the functional neuroanatomy of the injured brain.
Recent papers from the lab:
Zhu B, Eom J, Hunt RF. Transplanted interneurons improve memory precision after traumatic brain injury. Nature Communications. 2019 Nov 14;10(1):5156.
Kim YJ, Khoshkhoo S, Frankowski JC, Zhu B, Abbasi S, Lee S, Wu YE, Hunt RF. Chd2 is necessary for neural circuit development and long-term memory. Neuron. 2018 Dec 5;100(5):1180-1193.e6.
Our lab is located on the Health Sciences campus at UC Irvine and equipped with state-of-the-art research facilities. UC Irvine is a world-class research university with highly ranked graduate programs in neuroscience and biological sciences. Our Southern California location is home to one of the largest academic research and biotechnology hubs in the US. Lab members enjoy direct access to this outstanding community of neuroscientists and clinicians as well as the wide range of recreational activities available in our region. Successful candidates will join an interdisciplinary and collaborative team working to develop the next generation of tools and technologies to treat disorders of brain development and injury.
To apply: Please visit the UCI RECRUIT website located at
- Applicants should complete the online application profile and upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
- Research Statement - Describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the Hunt laboratory.
Requirements: PhD or PhD/MD in Neuroscience, Physiology or a related field. Competitive applicants will have at least one high-quality, first-author publication.
Salary Information: Salary will be based on University of California guidelines for the Postdoctoral scholars and is commensurate with experience. The position is fully funded by NIH grants.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy
To apply, visit https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06515
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency