Student Services Specialist
Student Services Specialist
Job Number: 88152
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Founded in 1965, the Stanford Computer Science (CS) Department continues to lead the world in computer science research and education influencing society at levels that remain without parallel among academic institutions. Its spin-offs are among the most successful corporate ventures in the world, and many of the leaders in the academic and corporate research world are graduates of the Stanford CS Department.
The Student Services Specialist provides support unique to the Educational Affairs Division of the Computer Science Department, including course support, teaching appointments, and financial transactions processing. This position assists in coordinating and managing Computer Science course offerings on a quarterly and annual basis.
Your responsibilities include*:
- Arrange Classroom assignments for 55-75 courses per quarter, 100+ discussion sections per quarter and fills all equipment needs.
- Collect teaching plans from CS faculty and creates quarterly course schedules.
- Submit quarterly Time Schedule data to the Registrar's Office.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading grade records for 140-150 courses and independent study sections each quarter.
- Survey CS faculty for textbook needs and places orders with Stanford Bookstore.
- Independently collect, enter and proof submissions for the CS section of the Stanford Bulletin.
- Prepare teaching appointments and payroll for visiting lecturers.
- Assist visiting lectures with procuring ID cards and computer accounts and serves as their primary contact person for Computer Science.
- Interact with Research Administration and Payroll as needed to solve payroll and reimbursement issues.
- Responsible for Educational Affairs purchasing card, travel card and expense reimbursements.
- Prepare travel reimbursements.
- Track Educational Affairs equipment and places orders for new equipment with both Procurement and outside vendors.
- Responsible for annual equipment inventory and for arranging proper disposal, salvage and resale of old equipment.
- Maintain software license agreements.
- Coordination of software fairs.
- Primary contact for public inquiries regarding Educational Affairs.
*other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
Education & Experience
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive products.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TED Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service, event and project management, and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 88152
Location: School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency