Registrar Records Specialist I
Registrar Records Specialist I
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Office Of The Registrar
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Records Specialist I, under general supervision, updates and maintains University files. Assists in developing and updating records, as well as departmental and University policies and procedures. This position is a full-time Office Associate and serves as the lead for handling student record issues and providing optimal customer service. This position requires extensive interaction with the public, faculty and staff, current and past students, parents, and visitors.
- Represent the Registrar's Office as primary contact for student, faculty, staff, and alumni needs.
- Oversee the registrar departmental email account.
- Aid all in-person customers. Answer multi-line telephones and trouble shoot any issues presented by callers.
- Process student registration adds, drops, and withdrawals from the University.
- Process all incoming student curriculum changes such as Change of Major forms and Change of Grade forms. Update student records for all FERPA requests.
- Process graduation applications daily.
- Assist with commencement activities and preparation. Proofread commencement list and program, assist with preparation of name cards, prepare mail out of diplomas, and meet deadlines set by the Registrar and immediate supervisor.
- Audit and award undergraduate degrees.
- Assist with Orientation, Island Days, Commencement, and other campus events as needed.
- Assist Assistant Registrar with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates degree.
- Two (2) years of customer service or related administrative experience.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements: Bachelors Degree.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and in Windows environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively in a positive, courteous, professional manner with diverse population of customers in person, telephone, or e-mail.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and has excellent attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours and weekends as needed for commencement and University programs.
- Associates degree in Communication, Business, or related field.
- Experience in admissions and records in higher education.
- Working knowledge of Banner, Laserfiche, and Argos.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Registrar-Records-Specialist-I_R-034985-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency