Postdoctoral Research Associate I (Pharmacology and Toxicology)
Pharmacology and ToxicologyDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1703 E. Mabel, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
The successful applicant for this postdoctoral fellowship will participate in a research project to study the positive roles of lysine deacetylases in transcriptional dynamics of steroid receptor target genes. The work is expected to include methods of transcriptional imaging and biostatistical analyses of the images generated. In addition, the fellow will perform global nascent transcript sequencing methods along with ChIP-sequencing. Other position requirements include mentoring of graduate students and undergraduates as well as some travel to work with collaborators.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work- life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform research.
- Communicate research results through participation is local, national, and international meetings and through publishing of research findings.
- Mentor and training undergraduates and graduate students to participate in research.
- Travel to labs of two collaborators to learn lab techniques and data analysis methods critical for successful completion of the research project.
- PhD in a biological science focused on molecular mechanisms
* Experience with cellular imaging or next generation sequencing methods and analysis. *Familiarity with or research experience in the field of epigenetics. * Record of productivity (authorship on peer-reviewed publications, presentations at national/international scientific conferences).*Scientific writing capability and English oral communication skills. *Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. *Willingness to travel to the laboratories of collaborators to learn key techniques.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,659 - $50,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Catharine Smith | [email protected]Open Date:
1/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.