Accountant I - College of Nursing
College of NursingDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
College of Nursing business office is seeking applicants for a full-time Accountant. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Finance and Administration and provides financial transaction/analysis/report support to the college business operation. Candidates with strong time management and communication skills, desiring to learn new things, and looking for professional growth while preferring a good work life balance, are highly encouraged to apply.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs complex accounting activities to meet relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. Prepare and process various transactions in UAccess (DV, CR, GEC, DI, REQS, IB, etc.).
- Prepare and process UA foundation transactions.
- Perform PCard reconciliations and compliance.
- Responsible for cash handling in the business office.
- Assists with monthly account reconciliation and review to ensure the accuracy and completeness of transactions processed.
- Supports grant post award transactions such as subject pay, SET or position funding changes, and detailed expense report for research grants.
- Assists with ad-hoc analyses and reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
*UA Experience. *Accounting DegreeFLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$37,506 - $62,510Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
FinanceType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Nursing | [email protected]Open Date:
1/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.