Program Coordinator (Center for Toxicology) (Part Time or Full Time) (UPDATED)
Center for ToxicologyDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
Please Note: The minimum Rate of Pay has increased. The Southwest Environmental Health Science Center (SWEHSC), College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona is seeking to replace a highly motivated individual to assist in the centers outreach activities, which involve community collaborators and partners internal and external to the UA. An overview of the position is to assist with planning of environmental education outreach activities and events: *Preparing materials and supplies for outreach events.*Attending and assisting at outreach events.*Breaking down and cleaning up after activities - including inventory and restocking supplies.*Compiling data for evaluation purposes.*Compiling reports as activities progress.*Replace materials used in CEC Kits*Reporting on outreach events on the website; http://swehsc.pharmacy.arizona.edu/outreach/overview
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and plan teacher events and student summer activities for community members and middle/high school students participating in SWEHSC CEC programs. Patterns for student programs are to use the existing programs and extend to new audiences. http://swehsc.pharmacy.arizona.edu/outreach/youth-activities/summer-camps
- Develop an overall plan to expand on involvement with the UCAB and with existing community engagement with Latinx communities, which will include materials development, presentations to students, teachers, community members, and environmental/health professionals. http://swehsc.pharmacy.arizona.edu/outreach/activities-general-public.
- Assist with environmental health literacy and risk communication research and activities, including environmental health science materials creation as identified in http://swehsc.pharmacy.arizona.edu/outreach/environmental-health-life.
- Assist with supervising College of Public Health Interns in the summer programs http://swehsc.pharmacy.arizona.edu/outreach/activities/internships.
- Form relationship with new community partners and establish new programming for Latinx audiences.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
*Bachelor's Degree, *Knowledge of Adobe InDesignFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
To be DeterminedNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
20 - 40Job FTE:
.50 - 1.0Work Calendar:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.16 - $18.15Compensation Type:
3Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Marti Lindsey | [email protected]Open Date:
1/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.