Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Job Description SummaryThe Plumber will install, repair, and maintain plumbing systems.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Inspects, installs, repairs, and replaces pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, cooling, water, sewer, gas, and drainage systems.
- Cuts, bends, threads, and fits pipes with adjoining pipe assemblies.
- Caulks leaks and opens clogged drains.
- Installs sinks, showers, toilets, water heaters, and related plumbing fixtures.
- Estimates time and material costs on plumbing projects.
- Requisitions new plumbing supplies and equipment.
- Replaces tile, re-plasters, or paints walls through which holes have been broken to gain access to plumbing.
- Interprets blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions; inspects completed work to ensure compliance with engineering specifications and local building codes.
- Develops capital project scope and budget for equipment replacements and energy conservation opportunities.
- Verifies and implements preventative maintenance standards on all plumbing equipment.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Essential Personnel - may be required to work during weather and special events as designated by the University.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
- 5 or more years of related work experience
- Appropriate license/certification
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.)
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, and other University employees
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well alone and with a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Requires significant walking or other means of mobility
- Requires to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Requires the wear of protective clothing and/or personal protective equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, work outside, exposed to head/cold temperatures, work in moderately loud noise, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee must be able to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.