Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Outreach Coordinator will be a patient navigator/linkage specialist - tasked with recruiting PWID to the fixed site and mobile exchange, conducting HIV and HCV testing, and providing case management to link those who need HIV or HCV care to resources in their communities, supervising the linkage activities, as well as, making important local contacts with law enforcement, first responders, shelters, churches, AIDS service organizations, and health care providers.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach and linkage activities (60%)
- Train and supervise project linkage staff conducting outreach and linkage activities (10%)
- Review of data and outcome, daily quality improvement assessment (5%)
- Aid coordination of activities between testing team and linkage team (10%)
- Meetings with Community Engangement Manager and Project Director (5%)
- Document daily activities and number of contacts reach or served through outreach and linkage initiative (5%)
- Maintain effective lines of communications with clients and prospective clients to ensure adherence to program goals and objectives are met (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the content of information and resource available in the department
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with external agencies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Performs in tactful and professional manner
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of one year of experience is required.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103