Receptionist, FT, Patient Access, Lennar
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami Lennar Center has an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist. The individual in this position is responsible for serving the needs of the patients and physicians. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, an accurate tracking of patient daily visits to ensure the smooth an efficient operation of the clinics. The Greeter will direct the clinic flow and will act as a liaison between the patient, registration staff, and the medical personnel. This person must possess excellent customer services skills and most possess the ability to interact with the all parties noted above in a courteous, efficient, caring and helpful manner.
- Greet patients or family members in a courteous and professional manner in all clinic areas. Coordinates all aspects of clinic signing procedures following the standards set by the Department including all guidelines provided by the HIPPA Privacy Office in relation to patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Instructs the patients in all activities that will take place during their visit and acts as a liaison between the registration and medical staff when required.
- Generate and maintain tracking log by recording on site information for every scheduled visit or walk in appt. This would include gathering this data upon request of either the Supervisor or Director as needed.
- Using the RIS/PAC system track and arrive every patient in Radiology for all scheduled appointments.
- Review appointments scheduled in UChart to ensure that patients are registered according to appointment time and advise them of any anticipated delays.
- Inform physician/nurses in the clinic when patients arrive late for appointment and re-scheduling may be necessary.
- Assist Registration staff as necessary required.
- Special Demands:
- High School Diploma / Equivalent
- One year customer service experience
- Computer literate
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- excellent customer service skills
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c101