Patient Access Representative, FT, UHealthConnect, Medley
Job location: Medley, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Patient Access Representative is responsible for scheduling and registering patients for appointments within the University of Miami Health System. Success in this position requires the ability to utilize the EPIC scheduling system to search for appointments across multiple physicians, resources, specialties and sites while utilizing expertise in medical triage and understanding of government and commercial insurance requirements to ensure patients are scheduled with the appropriate provider within a convenient time frame. This position supports the Medical school’s vision, mission, goals and objectives by providing patient-centric access to our world renowned medical care. The individual in this position is part of the UHealthConnect Contact center and will be responsible for supporting functions that assist in creating and driving a culture of empathy, service excellence and delivery of patient centered care that impacts the patient experience across the UHealth System.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide general information about University of Miami Health System services to patients and community health care providers.
- Schedule and accurately complete full registration for patients requesting appointments with the UHealth system adhering to policies and procedures regarding appointment scheduling and registration processes, performing these tasks accurately with attention to detail to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Initiate pre-registration process and coordinate with the Central Insurance Verification and Patient Access teams to assure pre-registration in the appropriate facility prior to the appointment. Ensure all demographic insurance information is accurate, complete and up to date on patient’s screen.
- Verification of insurance information, verification of benefits and insurance referral information.
- Verification of private patient insurance information for same day appointments or by request.
- Adhere to standards provided by the HIPPA Privacy Office related to patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Assure ease of patient flow through medical care process.
- Complies with the written guidelines provided by the HIPPA Privacy Office related to patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Provide patients with all required information regarding appointments and payment policies (e.g. medical records, parking, cash policies, anticipated charges, required ancillary services, cancellation policy).
- Intervene as liaison/advocate for patients, physicians, and staff in facilitating ease of care. Assist in identifying trouble spots and problem patterns in the provision of care.
- Maintain a working knowledge of medical symptoms, signs, and anatomical systems to identify and differentiate type and urgency of medical need.
- Maintain knowledge of insurance referral requirements to ensure access based on third party reimbursement criteria.
- Notify appropriate parties of the appointment time, referral criteria, insurance verification, and prior authorization requirements.
- Performs all above-mentioned tasks by paying attention to detail and providing excellent customer service skills with Patients, Physicians and other related members by following the Standard of Excellence and Accountability policy mandated by the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c101