Project Manager, Construction
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Project Manager, Construction oversees and directs the construction management of assigned project(s). Further, the Project Manager, Construction serves as liaison between the University and outside contractors and designers to ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion.
Department Specific Functions
- Project Manager will have multi-campus responsibilities, as well as responsibilities at various satellite locations. Projects may include complex healthcare, lab and research facilities.
- Jointly plan, program, manage, and assist in coordination of multiple capital and non-capital construction projects consistent with the goals and priorities of the university.
- Maintain continuous coordination and dialogue with the Architect/Engineer, user, and Physical Plant to ensure university requirements are incorporated in the design of assigned projects.
- Manage all facets of assigned projects from conception through design, construction permitting, and User Occupancy, as necessary to guarantee a quality project on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare feasibility, constructability, and value engineering analysis from the concept stage of assigned projects.
- Carry out review of drawings and specifications at each stage of design completion to ensure quality and accuracy of plans, compliance with University Standards, project goals, and objectives.
- Develop project contracting and bid strategy, and manage associated meetings.
- Manage the construction, design, and associated consultants contracts, and direct the interaction of Architects, Engineers, and Contractors during all phases of assigned projects.
- Keep client informed of progress and change actions during the project on a weekly basis. Generate monthly status reports incorporating updated schedules, cost projections, photos, and status and prepare cost reports on a regular basis.
- Obtain technical base data and provide same to appropriate design entities (such as ground surveys, reference drawings, test, and boring data) including “as-builts” and Facilities Condition Reports and provide same to appropriate design entities.
- Assist Users with the securing of office furniture, telephones, keying & locks, moving, and all other components required to produce a “turn-key” project.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of healthcare building design and construction management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate contract management, design and construction operations.
- Ability to establish project goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c107