Accounts Payable Supervisor & Customer Service Liaison
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Job TitleAccounts Payable Supervisor & Customer Service LiaisonAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentFinancial ServicesProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
Responsible for supervision of accouning functions and duties in the accounts payable area of the Financial Accouning Management Information System (FAMIS). Responsibilities include reviewing and processing all claims for purchases of merchandise, services, scholarships, and refunds, as well as develop reports to meet state and internal requirements. Primary responsibilities include functions associated with the disbursement of funds and recording accounting entries in FAMIS, (USAS) Uniform Statewide Accounting System, and processing documents in AggieBuy / Mane Market. This position is responsible for processing and maintaining financial transactions for Texas A&M University-Commerce. Coordinates the payment of goods and services for all divisions of the University, ensuring that all disbursements follow state, system, and university policies, procedures, and statutes. Works with all campus users to facilitate feedback into process improvement and customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages accounts payable staff, to include: training, evaluation, and staff development. Available for questions and input into processes for improvement. Empowers staff to look for efficiencies, and potential areas of problems for mitigation.
- Oversees the preparation of all vouchers in accordance with Texas Building and Procurement Commission rules, State Comptroller regulations, and other state statutes.
- Monitors the verification of invoices for payment, processing of checks to vendors, and travel reimbursements.
- Administers the accounts payable portion of the eProcurement system, and works closely with purchasing staff and FAMIS to ensure functionality. Maintains a bridge of communication with purchasing staff with regard to university policies and state regulations, including reviewing processes and procedures for compliance.
- Assists the purchasing staff with the training of end users of the eProcurement system. Ensures end users are trained adequately in all related accounts payable systems (Concur, Mane Market, etc.)
- Administers the eTravel system for the University and communicates changes with the university community as they occur.
- Researches and resolves complex payment problems and inquiries: anticipating problems with high volume vendors and executes a plan to address the needs of the vendor and the university.
- Coordinates communication with employees, managers, and departments; and implements mandated changes and any appropriate procedure updates.
- Responsible for communication and interaction with department managers, vendors, and other state agencies concerning all aspects of accounts payable.
- Executes decisions regarding travel by University faculty, staff, and students within existing System and University policies and procedures.
- Monitors overall travel process and related expenses, maintaining compliance with System and University policies and procedures, and reviews for efficiencies and procedure updates.
- Analyzes utility statements to ensure accuracy and allocates payments across different meters. Communicates with utility vendors regarding invoice discrepancies and provision of new services.
- Prepares all vouchers in accordance with State Purchasing and General Services Commission rules, State Comptroller regulations, and other state statutes.
- Acts as liaison between faculty, staff, and vendors to assure state regulations are followed when processing and paying invoices and travel vouchers. Ensures feedback from campus departments is utilized to improve processes and training opportunities.
- Ensures accuracy and verification of all invoices paid for the University as well as verification that goods and services have been received.
- Processes warrant cancellations and interagency transfer vouchers.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Four (4) years accounts payable experience. Advanced knowledge of accounts payable practices and standards is required. Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communication is required. Experience with a personal computer, Microsoft Office, and recent (within the last three (3) years) experience in an automated accounts payable environment is required.
- Ability to: Ability to analyze various situations and to recommend and implement solutions. Ability to compile, organize, interpret and communicate accounting data and results in a concise format. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Masters degree. Knowledge of fund accounting and experience with FAMIS (Financial Accounting Management Information System), eTravel (Concur-Online Travel Management System), Jaggaer e-procurement system and/or Citi-Manager (online procurement/travel card system) is preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Three FTE in Accounts Payable and Travel.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.