Director of Talent Management
Director of Talent Management
The Director of Talent Management (DTM) will lead the development and execution of UIC Advancement’s talent strategies designed to attract, develop, motivate and retain productive, engaged employees. Reporting to the Assistance Vice Chancellor for Advancement Services (AVC), working directly with the Vice Chancellor and senior leadership, and leading a team of talent management professionals, the DTM will independently work to enhance organizational capability and build a high-performance, sustainable organization that meets its strategic and operational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Using best practices, design, develop and implement talent management (TM) programs and processes to improve depth, quality and engagement of talent across Advancement; this may include but is not limited to development and management of talent profiles, career paths, competency models, assessment tools, recruitment and onboarding approaches and team effectiveness tools to ensure consistency and continuous improvement.
• Lead continual review of job roles and descriptions, talent gaps and succession bench strength to prepare for and ensure alignment between our talent and our organizational goals and initiatives.
• Work closely with partners at UIF to develop, design and deliver learning and development solutions to support UIC Advancement needs using a blend of methodologies including technology enabled service delivery (LMS), self-managed learning, remote delivery, class room and on-job learning as appropriate.
• Directly responsible for key measures of success which include, but not limited to, diversity in candidate pools, successful assimilation into role, team, and culture based on 30/60/90-day performance expectations, time to productivity based on level and role, percent of team meeting or exceeding performance expectations, and retention rates of solid- and high-performers.
• Oversee the development of key performance indicators and metrics to analyze and assess the impact and effectiveness of TM programs.
• Build upon and implement a comprehensive and integrated talent strategy that supports the key goals and initiatives of Advancement. This includes building, managing, and growing a team of talent management professionals to support these objectives.
• Lead strategy and launch programs and processes associated with performance management, talent development and retention, succession planning and alignment with learning and development offerings to enable outstanding organizational, team and employee performance thereby creating an overall culture of excellence.
• Provide high level strategy and direction for an efficient and effective recruitment process rooted in clear recruitment objectives and equity to identify talent pools, attract candidates and get the best-fit talent onboard
• Contribute to the development and execution of overall business strategy by collaborating with Advancement leadership to identify, prioritize and build talent capabilities and build a stronger sense of community within Advancement.
• Plan, assign and review work of staff to ensure that group objectives are met; Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
• Independently represent UIC Advancement at external, professional conferences and meetings to proactively recruit and build a talent pool of qualified, diverse, energetic candidates.
• Lead the recruiting process for senior-level searches, as needed.
• Work closely with Advancement, University and Foundation partners to ensure administrative policies and practices are closely aligned and followed.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
• Bachelor's degree in human resources administration, labor relations, business administration, or a field related to the position
• Two years of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties
• Additional education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
• Knowledge of best practices in human resources, including professional recruitment strategies, onboarding, training and employee development.
• Five (5) years of demonstrated experience and success in performance management, organizational development, and career planning.
• Experience managing and coaching teams, either directly or indirectly.
• Demonstrated experience building, implementing and leading programs and processes associated with talent management.
• Proven experience and success developing and achieving key performance indicators and metrics that drive effective talent management programs.
• Exceptional people and communication skills with openness to ideas and feedback from others.
• Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and influence skills in dealing with colleagues at all levels of the organization, develop relationships within the organization and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure to assist in goal achievement.
• Excellent analytic, problem solving and coaching skills with the ability to take a thoughtful data-driven approach to addressing challenges.
• Ability to think strategically and develop programs and processes that are simple yet effective with the willingness to be hands-on.
• Necessary to understand and support the mission of public higher education; commitment to fostering a positive team environment with an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Smart, innovative and flexible manager able to engage, educate, collaborate with and effectively advise a talented, dedicated and diverse staff. Thrive on being a strategic and analytical partner to a dynamic and complex organization.
• Ability to tactfully handle situations involving employee performance/discipline with utmost discretion and professionalism.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Advancement connects the vision and passion of UIC’s alumni, friends, faculty, staff, and corporations and foundations, with the pieces of our mission most meaningful to them. We help donors create the impact they envision, whether it be scholarship for a promising student seeking a life-changing education, funding for researchers working to discover new knowledge in a particular arena or support for a university-community collaboration that will anchor stronger, healthier societies.
UIC is progressive and ground-breaking. We serve the needs of aspiring students and a devoted top-tier faculty who share a commitment to the promise of public education. Public service is at the core of the ethical values that inform what we do. An acclaimed research institution, UIC is made up of 15 top-ranking colleges and a health sciences system that includes a hospital, clinics and seven health sciences colleges. The student body is recognized as one of the most ethnically rich and culturally diverse among public universities nationwide. It reflects the vibrant and economically robust city we call home, which is as much a part of UIC as UIC is a part of Chicago.
TO APPLY, PLEASE GO DIRECTLY TO THE UIC JOB BOARD: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=139565&job=director-of-talent-management . FOR FULLEST CONSIDERATION PLEASE APPLY BY January 28, 2021. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899